Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rozannadanna

I am sooo not ready for this

rozannadanna
17 years ago

8:15 at night and it's not even November yet and it is 19 degrees outside and suposed to go down into the single digit temperatures tonight. I am just not ready for this.

Comments (10)

• debnfla8b
    17 years ago

I don't blame you! I would not even know how to act in weather like that.

Deb

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

And I thought 24 was bad. That was the temp this morning when I woke up. I wish you warm fires and wool clothing!
    Warm Hugs,
    Kathy

• rozannadanna
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I think we are having a heat wave - 1:55 in the afternoon and it is up to 30. Where's my bathing suit?

• moodyblue
    17 years ago

Gee I was confused, I am so used to celsius now, that your temps from the zone you are in were not making sense (to be farenheit) and when you were talking about 30 degrees and being a heatwave, I thought when did the states change to celsius, teehee! But now the penny has dropped, that is B***dy freezing for those zones. But then it dropped terrifically here too and our back lawn (in a frost pocket) was white this morning. Yup, it was a real shock after the terrific summer and fall we have had - nope, not ready for it either. :)

• kathy9norcal
    17 years ago

And I thought 41 was bad. I don't know how you do it, that is for sure. I fantasize about retiring to an all year around warm place. I have no use what-so-ever for cold weather.
    Even our mild winters are too cold for me. Stay warm!
    Kathy

• rozannadanna
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Morning Weather Girl here reporting from balmy central Wyoming. 10 on my porch right now.

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    17 years ago

I'd love to tell you that you will get used to it. Having lived in this area for my whole life, I must admit to feeling colder as I age.

Winter can be cold. Snow is nice. But winter can only start in January and must end in early March before I get sick of it.

"What a drag it is getting old."

• catkim
    17 years ago

10!! That is unimaginable. I am very wimpy, I turned on the heat this morning because it was 67 in the house...

• iowa_jade
    17 years ago

I liked Southern Illinois where winter only lasted two weeks.

Well, what I would call winter.

• Carrie_AZ
    17 years ago

I know how you feel rozannadanna, except mine is the opposite, When the temps are 123F+ in the day and it is over 100F at night, I am never ready for that. I know my garden days are over until October. I have to stay inside just as some of you do during the snow, it is such torture.
    Now is our time to enjoy the roses, today 80F, tomorrrow 78F and all week in the high 70's. We will get some cold maybe 35F at night in Dec & Jan. but the days are very mild.
    During the summer I read everyone's posts on how much they are enjoying the weather and there roses and gardens while my roses are frying and look horrible. They are puny and it is so hot one can not go outside and do any work in the garden. All the roses get is water and lots of it. I am not sad at all that summer is over (Sorry, but I am so glad). I am cleaning up some of the dead canes and pulling weeds that I could not get to in our hot, hot summer, it feels so good to be out in the garden.
    I feel for you, and I know how much you will miss your gardening.
    Hang in there and enjoy the rose Gallery! Gosh I hate the rose Gallery in the summer, LOL!!!!!!
    Carrie

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH