Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gotta Love Those Airlines

Posted by michaelalreadytaken No Cal (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 07 at 22:36

My son's delay this summer was only ten hours at Houston, not too bad.

When the kids came back from Europe they ended up in Shreveport, via Detroit, and then had to drive the final 200 miles back home in blinding thunderstorms.

Last year, the ex spent the night in Atlanta on her trip back to Louisiana. Too bad, so sad.

And today, after leaving bright and early at 6:30 a.m., she's still in DFW at 9:30 p.m.--waiting on a potential connecting flight to New Orleans which, if it even leaves, will arrive in NOLA at 1:00 a.m.--to be followed by a 140 mile drive. The original flight was to Lafayette.

My turn comes Thursday--I can hardly wait.

MichaelAT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gotta Love Those Airlines

Hope none of those airlines where FlyGLOBESPAN that your family flew with! In any event, any delays can cause nasty consequences.

We are flying Thursday too Michael - cannot afford delays as we have to be in court for the hearing of Guardianship and Parental guidance of our grandson.

..............Here's hoping we all have a good flight without delays.

Have a safe trip!
Pauline - Vancouver Island.

o

Pauline, I wish you the best of outcomes, you know that!

I'm going to my daughter's wedding (and I basically hate to fly anyway.) I seriously contemplated driving--I have the time--but I don't think I'd want to drive back. One way on that trip is enough.

The airline du jour is American.

Strangely, it's been thirty years since I first flew--on American--to Sacramento. In retrospect, I should've stayed so long ago--but that's a different story and I digress.

Again, best of luck to you with those gorgeous kids.

MichaelAT

o

Michael, I hope the flight is uneventful and smooth! Best wishes to your daughter!!!

Carla

o

I have a dear friend who is a corporate airline jet pilot. Lately the trips they have taken have been longer, and rather than pay her expenses for the whole time, they airline her home and then back out when it is time for them to return. In her words to me just the other night "I've spent way to much time airlining lately - what a nightmare!".

o

Your daughter's Wedding?!?! How incredibly exciting :)

Best of wishes to her, and I hope the proud papa has good memories of the event for a lifetime :)

Pics, pics, please? I love seeing brides/weddings/wedding flowers :)

o

Michael, thank you......and I did neglect to wish you a happy day on your daughter's wedding. I am sure it will be a day of pride and a lot of other emotions going on. I assume it will be on Saturday?? Could be wrong, but I will be thinking of you and look forward to you posting some pictures of the beautiful bride and her dad, when you get back. I am sure I can speak for all of us here!
Good Luck
Pauline - Vancouver Island

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here