Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Naked Photographer (June 06)

Posted by moodyblue 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 14, 06 at 0:53

The things we do to get a good shot.and the story begins!

Early this summer, I had just got out of the bath tub and Alan shouts "Are you decent"? I yelled "No"! "But" he said, you should come here and see the quails theres hundreds of them"!

I quickly tied the towel around me, grabbed my camera and clickety split saw Mr. and Mrs. Quale, (Dale and Gayle) and what looked like big bugs scooting all over the place Oh, how cute!!

My camera is set to perform and the towel bolts to the ground, but I, creeping along between soil, gravel and shrubs, could not give a care about being starkers - I had to make the shots! My husband was gob smacked! I failed to see why!

I am only truly thankful that no one was around to take a picture of the photographer taking a picture of Gayle and Dale Quail and their four and twenty day-old chicks.

Here are some of the photos - hope you enjoy them!:)
Pauline - Vancouver Island

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Naked Photographer (June 06)

sometimes the story is better than the photos--hard to chose this time!

the adult photo is so crisp--love the top knot!

and I just can't quite find the words for those fluffy little balls of cuteness that are the chicks----

thanks! pat

o

I agree with starshadow.. completely.

How cold was it outside? roflmao

Sam

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 14, 06 at 17:59

Pauline, the quail are wonderful. My morning mood is starting to match the soggy wet weather and you gave me a great smile.

I want to get down on the ground (dry ground as in your pics) and play with the quail kids, but am going to settle for putting on hip boots to keep my legs dry, going out to pick up leaves.

Now if Alan just had his own camera to catch the photographer filming Dale and Gayle, I could have had a real giggle :) Nothing that interesting has gone on in my own neighborhood in quite some time.

o

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 15, 06 at 11:01

Darn those towels, just won't stay put! It was worth it for the photos *and* the story, Pualine. Thanks!

o

Thanks for the cute story and photos. We have quail all around our place also. They are so cute, but so shy. Your shots are wonderful.
Kathy

o

That is so funny-----Thanks for a cute story------I bet your DH has quite a story to tell "the guys"--LOL

The pictures are precious.

Florence

o

Cute comments, thanks. It was a warm day in June, not cold! I confess, nobody else saw me except Alan and the quail. We have two acres of total privacy! lucky that way! :) Thanks guys. It was so strange that there were so many. I think they were day old. Funny how we summize and form our own opinions. I counted 24, yet it ws so strange, I only thought they had about 12. but there were two males and only one female, which looked like two pods (I am not sure if that is the correct collective word. But I think one female may have been looking after two lots of babies. My mind thought of many reason why!!!!
Pauline - Vancouver Island

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here