Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween parade Pcs

Posted by labrea 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 1, 06 at 1:02

I spent an only an hour at the load in area of the parade trying to avoind the massive crowds. I got an hour of shots before the battery died could'nt get near any of the larger bands or puppets but I'm happy with these. I'll only include my favorite shot you can check out the gallery link if you want to see any of the other I'm tired. I've never seen so many Marie Antoinettes in my life.
This pic was from a float Highway to hell my ears are still ringing from the sond playing over and over.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a link that might be useful: parade pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween parade Pcs

Thanks Joe, I enjoyed the whole set.

Carla

o

Good work! Forget the pictures, I love the titles! What a perfect night for this parade, it was such a warm night. Love 'em..

o

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 1, 06 at 10:55

Wow! What a party! It was pretty quiet around here...

Love the Popes' shades! People are so creative with the costumes.

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 1, 06 at 11:24

Really, really interesting...your Halloween was a lot more adult than mine - the eldest I had any social contact with was about 16, most were much younger :). I watched a little of the parade on the news this morning...

Now will someone tell me what to do with the leftover candy so I don't eat it?

o

Joe, those are great pix. Lots more excitement than there was around here. I spent the evening on the couch with the dog watching "Dancing with the Stars" (Go Mario)
K

o

Amazing pictures------amazing costumes----what a night.

Thanks for these pictures.

Florence

o

I also have Chicago Halloween Parade pics -- had to put them on the gardening site, so I guess it's the best of both worlds.

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween Parade '06

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 2, 06 at 20:25

Awesome pictures! Thank you!!

o

Fantastic pictures - I loved the titles too! Well done!
Pauline - Vancouver Island

o

I think I used to work with that nurse on the Best Practices committee.

:)

Wonderful photographs!

MichaelAT

o

I always make it a point to look at your pictures. They are wonderful. You have such a talent.

o

Joe,

Wonderful pics, as always.

Was this the Halloween parade in Greenwich Village that Calvin Trillin wrote about taking his girls to?

Barbara

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here