michaelalreadytaken

Right Brain or Left Brain.

Right or Left Brain

Apparently, I'm right brained.

MichaelAT

Comments (27)

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    16 years ago

Isn't that weird. I am also right brained. I tried looking away, and tried to reverse it, but just got one glimpse of a reversal, then it went right back.

You know school teachers spend quite a bit of time with things like this so we can better reach all the students.

SAmmy

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    16 years ago

I guess I'm perceptually ambidextrous. If I stare at it long enough (and blink several times), it reverses back and forth.

Or maybe it just means I'm confused.

Kate

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

All I noticed was that she had a great body. I guess that means my brain is...

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Well a good psychologic friend told me I was so right brained, I did not know if that was a good thing or not. Though she said it in a nice way. :) That figurine certainly is clockwise to me without a doubt. Cannot see it any other way.
    Pauline

• Molineux
    16 years ago

Definately right brained. The figure is moving clockwise and I can't see it any other way.

• Lisa_H OK
    16 years ago

I saw it switch back and forth.... It started counter-clockwise and then it was clockwise and then counter...

I'm a little worried about what that means :)

Lisa

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Lisa, don't be too concerned, I can see her change directions too.

DH took a class on this several years ago, not that it was of special interest to him, it was offered through his employment free, with lunch included :)

I think I still have the paperwork with tests he brought home somewhere - he was one, I was the other according to that material. Didn't surprise me a bit.

• carla17
    16 years ago

Right brainer here

Carla

• catkim
    16 years ago

When I first looked, she was definitely going counter-clockwise. Then I read the paragraph, glanced back, and she was definitely moving clockwise. Then I consciously switched her direction. OOOOOooooo! Cool! So what does that mean? Which is analytical and which is creative? Or is it something else?

• iowa_jade
    16 years ago

It is kind of cool that one can, perhaps, change directions of the dancer at will.

Of all the test that I have taken I am right brained. It was nice to be left brained for a while.

I think Harry is engaging in fantasy. I think that he is right, however - 1 - 2 - 3.

I would like Dr. Pills take on all of this but I don't know if we could afford his bill with all his celebrity status.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Left brain, counter-clockwise, no doubt about it, not even one hint of movement to clockwise.

• pete41
    16 years ago

right

• jody
    16 years ago

Right brained

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

I feel like the uncool kid (again)...sniff...sniff...

• ronda_in_carolina
    16 years ago

She was all counter clockwise for me at first....which is odd since I think I am a mix of the two descriptions.

BUT...If I scroll so that I can only see her lower legs and feet I can switch her back and forth over and over...this seems to agree with the blending of the two descriptions.

I guess this means that I see things left brained at first but am able to use right brain perception when needed....oh wait...maybe it just means I am a weirdo.

:o)

Ronda

• jim_east_coast_zn7
    16 years ago

Both! ????

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    16 years ago

All I noticed was that she had a great body. I guess that means my brain is...

Male?

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

I couldn't change her at first to save my life [so very right brained???] but now I can.

Watch her shadow at her feet then look up and it'll switch.

Weird! I always come up very lft brained on things before, BTW. But I'm good at most rt brained things too, just VERY bad at a few of those traits.

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

That wasn't nice Hoov. Don't blame me. They could have at least given her a tutu or a burka so I could have taken the test without undue distraction. Is that too much to ask?

I am only a man. A dirty, old man, but there is really no need to drill down to that level of detail. Is there?

• alicia7b
    16 years ago

Lefty.

• User
    16 years ago

Right

• wild_rose_of_texas
    16 years ago

ok, so what does it mean if you are left brained and left handed?

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    16 years ago

wild_rose_of_texas--
    Did you see the two columns of traits listed to the left of the picture? That supposedly explains your predominate characteristics. In a nutshell, pop psychology says left-brained, you are a logical/rational type; right-brain, you are a creative/emotional type. But it's really only a game. LOL

Kate

• wild_rose_of_texas
    16 years ago

Hi, Kate,
    Yeah, just a game. I was a bit tongue in cheek with my question, because it is often said that "only lefties are in their right minds", meaning that if you are right handed you are left brained and vice versa. In my case, that is not so. I expect there are bunches of us that challenge the old adage.

Harry, my husband was reading over my shoulder and had much the same response as your own: "who cares which direction she is going! Just look at her go!"

lol You guys are so lovably predictable!

Allison

• kittymoonbeam
    16 years ago

I saw it as clockwise right away and then after staring for 4 or 5 minutes it reversed and I was stuck on counter clockwise for 2 minutes. After that it started changing back and forth.

• darbardi
    16 years ago

both- BUT- what's really strange is my husband & I looked at it
    at the same time and watched her change together (over and over) at
    the same time. What does that mean. We have opposite personalities.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022