Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 Million Turn up for Halloween Parade

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 07 at 1:23

The tiny little childrens parade that used to wind thru the narrow streets of The West Village has turned into a true Monster. The local news reported that 2 million turned up to watch and [articipate in the truly bizzare night parade. I've included a link at the end some images may be inappropriate for children to view (in my opinion there were a good number of children in and watching the event).
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween Parade

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2 Million Turn up for Halloween Parade

Wow! Very fun pictures! I wish I could have been there in person!

Betty

o

Excellent closeups. So sharp and vivid. You must have edited the heck out of
your shots. Those are the most "decent" shots of that parade I've ever seen.

o

cool pics Joe

Carla

o

I sure do love your pictures, Joe. I almost feel as if I was standing on the curb watching the whole parade. Thanks so much for posting them!
Sincerely,
Kathy

o

Parade ended for me at 10 uploaded to Pbase and discarded about 200 shots either blured or someone getting in the way or too many flashes going off. so not too much time for editing accept for resizing down.

o

Awesome job, Joe!! I just peeked through all of them and it looks like a blast! Thank you for letting us get a look at it.

BB [Pirate :] and I made a day of it, cheering folks at the hospital all day between a morning and night event. He fell asleep on the bench on the sidewalk after about a half hour of our little version of the parade :)

s*cky cellphone nighttime pic but I couldn't resist that little face!

o

Finally got to look. FABULOUS! really enjoyed that, thanks! Great costumes.

Are they really your own pictures? If so, My oh My -they are awesome shots!

Thanks so much for sharing this event Labrea. I am really amazed!

Pauline - Vancouver Island.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here