Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Really Neat Photo-Editing Program

Posted by michaelalreadytaken No Cal (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 17, 06 at 2:02

Adobe Lightroom

I had posted a week or so ago about "organizing workflow, etc." and this one looks promising. So far, it's in beta and still free. It is a memory hag... er hog... o you know what I mean.

After one stares at the control panel for awhile and fiddles with it, it becomes very intuitive.

:)

MichaelAT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Really Neat Photo-Editing Program

Very cool and so helpful to get reviews from folks we know. I'm dl'ing it now; thanks!

I was on a free image editor kick when mine expired recently and stumbled onto Serif PhotoPlus [6.0 is free, no time trial, but they are on 10+ now methinks]. Dandy for the basics [all I know]. It does have layers and masking for those who do all that [basic layerer here but masks escape me].

Hey, your Fstop post was too cool, btw. Me, I don't know an fstop from my wickedwitchfeet doorstop, but I did see differences, which was cool.

If you ever post particle beam thingy tips I miss, y'all drop me a line at my new email addy [cafeaulait @ still icky juno...it always makes me want a latte ;>]

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 19, 06 at 9:18

I posted to a computer review forum, the guys downloaded it and loved it. I don't doubt one will write a tutorial on how to use it.

Thanks so much for the link. I've yet to install it but after reading what others had to say, looks like I'll love it when I do.

Here is a link that might be useful: What users say

o

I wonder what the price will be when the beta version expires in February.

o

I did some searches to see if anyone was hinting at a price somewhere but didn't find anything.

I imagine a couple or three hundred dollars since it looks like it's designed to compete with Aperture which is around 299.

I just really like the way it lays things out in the Library filmstrip and the way the workflow proceeds from left-to-right and top-to-bottom.

I've never used any truly high-end program so I don't know how to compare it to anything else. (I don't even know if it would be in the "high-end" category. I do know that I like it better than the Photoshop I'm using now, which is also Adobe.

I've been reading reviews online and some are from the earlier betas so they're not very flattering but they improve over time.

I don't know; it's just that it's free right now and something to "play" with.

MichaelAT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here