Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Van hit by falling cow

Posted by paparoseman z8 WA. Tac. (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 2:12

A couple from Michigan were driving through Eastern Washington near a river when they suddenly saw something out of the corner of their eyes and a cow slammed into the hood of their van. It seems the cow had escaped its pen at a breeding facility two weeks ago and wandered around until Monday when it got too close to the edge of a 200 foot cliff and fell. The cow weighed 600 pounds and just missed going through the windshield which would have killed the couple.

The cow was euthanized because of its injuries.

Lance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Van hit by falling cow

I've heard of it raining cats and dogs, but a cow out of the blue (where is Chicken Little when you need him?)beats that by several hundred pounds, to say the least. That's one chance encounter they won't forget!

Kate

o

Guess they'll have to alter the "Falling Rocks" sign that might have been on that stretch of road.
(Locally there's a documented occurrence of fish falling from the sky on Knoxville which was at the tail end of a tornado that picked the fish up from a river.)
I had hoped for a trebouchet launch gone wrong.

o

It gives new meaning to: The S- - - er - - - manure making machine, hitting the van!

The worst collision with an animal case that I handled was with a horse and it came through the windshield. There was blood everywhere, a couple of inches deep on the floorboard. A horse will hold a lot of blood.

A cow fell from a cliff! WOW! Those folks were so lucky!

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 11:29

'If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all?'

That was one of the more odd news stories this week. They were celebrating their wedding anniversary, and returning to their hotel after attending church :)

The cow was vacationing too - her owner said she had been brought there from Spokane to a breeding facility. Apparently she didn't like her accommodations and left on her own shortly after arriving.

Here is a link that might be useful: Falling Cow

o

I expect we'll see a lot more of this in the years and decades to come unless we act now.

:)

MichaelAT

o

Poor cow :-(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here