Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleroses

If I did it. .... Here's how it happened ...

purpleroses
17 years ago

I will never forget Oct. 3, 1995 .... not because it's the day the day OJ was aquited ... but because I was in the recovery room, still completely numb from the chest down.

I had given birth to my beautiful baby girl via C-section.

The only thing I could do was to watch the TV screen nurses eyes were glued to that morning.

Not-guilty? hmmm.

What kind of world was I bringing my daughter into.

Now, 11 years later ... look at the kind of world we live in. It's sad.

OJ the star "confessing" to the world.

Anything for a buck? Fox has sunken to a new low.

JMHO

Comments (23)

• michaelalreadytaken
    17 years ago

It is contemptible, isn't it?

• Lisa_H OK
    17 years ago

Purple Roses: I have a health connection to OJ circus too. I started chemo the day after the "white bronco" chase. I got to watch it being endlessly replayed.

I still think he did it.

Lisa

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

I just e-mailed Foxnews---I think it is a disgrace to give him any air time.

I hope I find out what products are sponsering his show ---I will not buy them.

Florence

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

You can go to www.billoreilly.com and vote whether you will watch it or not.

Florence

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    17 years ago

Florence, thank you. I rarely get offended enough to want to boycott anything including a TV station, but I won't be tuning in to Fox for a very long time. I haven't heard anyone at all mentioning planning to actually watch the program - maybe advertisers will rethink their choice before the show airs.

Hopefully no one will buy the darned book, and everyone involved will lose their shirts on it....

• michaelalreadytaken
    17 years ago

The thing that bothers me about freak shows like this, aside from their appeal to the trashier side of human nature, is their transparency... once you've seen one... you've seen 'em all.

I won't be tuning in.

:)

MichaelAT

• paparoseman
    17 years ago

As an added bonus feature Fox News paid 2 million dollars to get two of their journalists released from terrorists kidnappers. You know when you give two million dollars to terrorists in the middle east you might expect even more bombs and guns going off.

• carla17
    17 years ago

Sometimes the media makes me ill and by that I'm not only referring to what Papa wrote. I have no doubt that OJ will get his someday.

Carla

• rosiegirl_z10
    17 years ago

Gee, youngquinn, that is gorgeous.
    Too gorgeous for even 'shabby chic'.

• rosiegirl_z10
    17 years ago

I posted on the wrong category.
    I'm still getting the 'hang' of this place.

Sorry, rosie

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

What amazes me is that Bill O'Reilly is telling all his viewers to boycott the show and the sponsers----Doesn't he work for Fox ???

Florence

• anntn6b
    17 years ago

Judith Regan writes about why she did the book. And how it relates to her personal history.
    And how OJS was not supposed to profit from the book.

Here is a link that might be useful: A link

• paparoseman
    17 years ago

Florence, it depends on the meaning of work. There are many who could go on the radio or tv and spout off about any topic and come off as baffoons, O'Reilly just does a better job than some others. The one thing in the OJ trial that always did bother me though was Phillip Van Adder taking OJ's blood sample from the crime lab to the crime scene. It certainly did give the defense a real good thing to attack. Imagine what the police could do to ordinary citizens without really expensive lawyers if taking DNA evidence of their prime suspect to the scene of the crime was not questioned.

Lance

17 years ago

Ann, please don't think I'm attacking, I'm not. But there has been a lot written about Judith Regan and little of it flattering (and that includes her flammable relationships with men, her own husbands and husbands other than her own). Many people in the publishing world see her differently than she sees herself...I've seen her quoted as having said 'it's trash the American public wants, so I'll publish trash" long before this book was even an idea.

And as for me hoping book sales would flat line, I heard on the news today that pre-release purchases have brought it into the top three best sellers at Amazon.

• flowernay
    17 years ago

Professor Plum in the Library with a Candlestick ~ That's what I'd rather remember... I got so burned out on the OJ circus trial, I don't ever want to hear about it again. My heart goes out to his children for having to relive the past.

• anntn6b
    17 years ago

morz8, no problem. I have little sympathy for either the interviewer or the interviewee. No, make that NO sympathy.
    Although I did wonder at the Menendez interview, there's so much out there that's tasteless.
    Sometime, look up 60 day murders in New Orleans.
    I abhor the cheapening of life.

• aprille
    17 years ago

Well looks like they are paying attention to what people have to say and how they feel - just read online that the OJ book and TV special have both been canceled!!! Not that I was going to watch or buy the book, but it made me sick.

Aprille

Here is a link that might be useful: OJ Book and TV special canceled

17 years ago

Aprille, I just dropped in intending to post the same thing. 'After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special "If I Did It." '

A bright spot in an otherwise very busy and hectic day :)!

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

Exellent news! Both the publisher and Fox should have foreseen the public reaction in the first place! Or had some integrity of their own.

• purpleroses
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm sure it wasn't a sudden development of a conscience.

Probably money motivated ...couldn't get enough advertisers associated with the show.

• debrazone9socal
    17 years ago

I have a health connection to the OJ thing, too....everything about it makes me sick.

• pagan
    17 years ago

ditto all of the above - except maybe the shabby chic post!!(teeheehee!)