Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Update on drunk hit and run

carla17
16 years ago

Some of you may remember a drunk hit my daughter and two friends while walking home in our neighborhood. This guy has priors, lots of them and is still driving around. Which Hollywood star was it that had to serve time? My lawyer describes this man as a "reprehensible and thoroughly disgusting individual". He missed his first deposition due to being sick, yeah I believe that. After 6 months, we're still plugging along and if there is ANY justice, we can get this guy.

Carla

Comments (8)

• orchids2000
    16 years ago

Uh that would be Paris for 20+ days and her buddy Nichole Richie for 2 days. Note the drop from radar for both of these stars, guess Britney is winning the paparzi. Still wishing you the best at getting this guy behind bars for a long time. :)

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Carla, is he still driving around? I wonder if they had yanked his license if he'd be in a bigger hurry to resolve this and pay his dues.

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Kiefer Sutherland has to serve 'real' time.
    Try to keep a positive attitude.
    This is a learning experience for your daughter.

• paparoseman
    16 years ago

Its a good thing there is a writers strike because they might have had to kill off Kiefer otherwise on 24. We just had a sheriffs deputy in the county I live in get two dui's in two hours last Saturday, both were for over double the legal limit.

Carla, while the justice system moves slowly you will eventually see some justice for this guy. It's just too bad they can drag it out with lame excuses like I'm to sick.

Lance

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh yes, it's Keifer that I remember most. Youre' right about the writer's strike Lance.
    Ann, I do have a positive attitude. I'm positive between us and the other girl, he won't have much money to drive around. No, seriously, I have had many other things to worry/ponder besides this jerk. And let us not forget, the other girl had 400 stitches in her head.
    What's really scary is how many people are driving around after drinking.

Good day,
    Carla

• labrea_gw
    16 years ago

Lane Garrison who used to be on T show prison break theres irony just got 40 months for manslaughter! Passenger killed in his car while drunk.
    Sad to say if it were'nt for subways and taxis in NYC I may have been in the same boat. 30 years ago last week I could'nt remember where it was or what I did if you asked me when I woke up. I was a black out drunk 3 4 times a week and most people would have said Joe a drunk well he drinks a little but I don't think he has a problem and he's always on time for work! The law is so often not on the side of the victims in these cases!

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Joe thank God for the likes of AA or what it was that turned your life around. I am so happy for your success, now look at you one of the best photographers on this forum and we have some excellent ones. Your pictures are fabulous so you certainly are a talented and well respected guy. Goodonya!

Carla, I know you will see that justice is done. Look what he ALMOST did - the idiot and he deserves to pay big time.

My thoughts are with you until this is through!
    Hugs, Pauline

• theroselvr
    16 years ago

Carla, I'm so sorry to read this.. how very hard this must be on you. I know if it was me, I would be very bitter that the system is not working to keep this drunk off of the road.

I do think that eventually he will get his.. karma is a funny thing...

How bad was Nat hurt? Is she ok now?