Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeffyrose

Where is Susan- ???-(-Tivoli Rose )

zeffyrose
16 years ago

The last time I saw a post by Susan she was on her way to Denmark !!!

Has anyone heard from her ??

I've also been away for a while---(too many surgeries)----LOL

but I just realized that Susan is also missing,

Florence

Comments (19)

• cupshaped_roses
    16 years ago

When we saw what a gem she was, we kept her. Thanks.

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    16 years ago

Florence, thanks for thinking of me! First off, I hope this finds you feeling much better. I've been lurking here and there and have followed your progress, although, forgive me for not expressing my best wishes, please! What would these forums be without you?

I'll tell you, ever since I started my blog in February, www.thekitchendesigner.org, it's had a life of its own, and I have no time left. I have so much to do in a few different areas, work wise, but it's all good. I'll also be importing a product soon from Europe, a cabinet line, so I'm busy with those preparations too. Lots of stuff to do. I'm more behind than ahead, and the thing is, to come on these forums is never a quick stop...all of a sudden an hour or more passes with all the good information that's here. I'm afraid if I get engaged in one place, I'll forget to come back and leave things hanging.

What about you? Last I read, it's not easy to stay long at the computer? How are you doing? Hello everyone! Hi cupshaped!

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Hi Susan! I love it when you drop by, and I love visiting your album too, BTW. Cool things going on for you... yeah!

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Susan----I'm so happy to hear from you----Great news that you are so busy-----
    I was looking forward to your Denmark pictures.

NO- NO -NO - Cupshaped ----you can't have "our Susan"

We might possible share her just a litle----LOL LOL

Florence

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

Good to hear from you dear Susan.

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    16 years ago

Awwww, good to hear from you guys too! Mere, hope this finds you well! What's with you? How's your schooling going, I can't keep up with you!

Florence...oh yes, I went in August. It was fantastic as usual. Saw lots of family, but I didn't even put albums together yet, unless you want to see Danish kitchens!

harryshoe...good to see you too! How's your Westerland? Mine is all the way back by the fence, my garden is a total jungle. I actually fertilized in August with a 4 month fertilizer. But, I ahven't had many blooms! Oh well.

16 years ago

Hey again :) Summer School was just amazing and I made some great friends!! I'll either be able to continue this year or have to wait till next, but regardless I'm excited to get to do another couple of years/trips :)

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    16 years ago

Geez, you must be so smart by now! You're lucky...I don't think there's much of a down side to education (well, a good one like you're getting.) Tell me...what happened with Oxford? I thought I remembered something about schooling online? I'm telling you, I can't keep up with you. And, I hope you're neighbor's behaving herself!

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    16 years ago

Oh, Mere, I just saw your post about this semester. I hope it all gets straightened out. Sounds like some stupid half baked reasons to pull you off. Good luck!

16 years ago

Thanks, Susan :) You waded thru the drama?! LOL. It will be fine regardless, of course... just a matter of whether it's now or then that I'm back to class. And friends from school say that somebody needed to say something about those glitches and are glad that I'm at least "paving the way" for later students :) That doesn't sound like me at all, does it [bull in a china shop ;]?

Importing a product line from Europe?!?!! Doesn't sound like you at all, Susan ;) Best wishes and so exciting! I'm sure you have it all very covered, but from a networking-type standpoint, please feel free to e-mail me for my dad, who is a consultant dealing all the time with int'l import/export/manufacturing. CrewswhickerAThotmailDOTcom

• catkim
    16 years ago

Ho, Susan, so good to know you are so fabulously busy!! I think of you often and fondly. If you ever have a west coast stop, email me, I will go out of my way for ya.
    Cheers,
    Kim

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    16 years ago

Mere, thank you! I don't know the first thing of what I'm doing, he'll definitely hear from me.

I hope you don't lose much more time, must be so frustrating to say the least!

Catkim! Good to see you! Oh yes, way too busy, way too many things going on. But, I think that's a good thing. Especially with kids grown, what else am I going to do? May as well rev it up. I also think of you. Were you affected by the fires? What was your experience? And you too...let me know if you get to New York again...we'll go to Central Park, you'll feel good!

• carla17
    16 years ago

Susan, I'm glad to hear you are busy! Miss talking to you, we could use a good person back.

xoxoxo
    Carla

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    16 years ago

Thanks Carla! It's real good to check in, that's for sure. I know it's been a challenging year for you, but it's almost over and next year has to be better, right?

• carla17
    16 years ago

Susan, I sure hope next year is better. Thank you for your words.

Carla

• cupshaped_roses
    16 years ago

Did you see some roses in Denmark through your Camera Lens, or was it too rainy Susan? No wonder the Danish Kitchen design market is booming after the Danes have spent about 20 billion dollars on new kitchens during the last 10 year of the booming economy. Now they are doing the Wellness (rest) rooms and many are really improving their gardens with help from professional garden designers like me. I will come to Iowa for 2 weeks in December and I already shutter by the thought of seeing all the plastic coated cardboard houses with the steep front front yard lawn deserts, with the prison-style chain link fences and worrying about the electricity bill from all those lights from the holiday decorations ... kind of funny seeing people spend so much money on lights and not have a single flower in their yards.
    Thank god that some actually do care about their gardens.
    Heck I just pop some zanax and prozac and wear sunglasses and hope for a heavy snowfall so I can pretend everything is fine.....

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    16 years ago

Hi Susan, I have missed your posts, and pictures of your outstanding garden. I hope you check in more often now.

Sammy

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    16 years ago

cup...yes, it was rainy, but off and on. Funny thing was, whenever we were out, it didn't rain and when we were in, it did. It was hot and humid a few days too. I had NEVER felt humidity like I felt in all the times I've gone. Very strange.

I'm sure those meds will do the trick and you won't remember a thing!

You have a big vote coming up, tomorrow, right? What's your take on the election?

Sammy, good to hear from you. I hope your daughter is doing well and that you've had a chance to see her. Is she still on the east coast? I thought that's where she was.

• cupshaped_roses
    16 years ago

Yes we sure did get a lot of rain this summer (3 times as much as in a normal summer, so did not have to water the roses at all, so no wonder the humidity was higher than usual).

Yes we have a national election tomorrow and of course I will go vote (about 85 percent do!). We can vote for 8 political parties (Two parties are big and sort of represent the democrats (Social-Demokratiet) and republicans (Venstre). For the last 6 years we had a coalition of right wing parties form the parliament. The unemployment rate is the lowest ever (Less than 3 percent unemployed) and the economy is booming (but may have peaked). They have also lowered the taxes and we have a huge surplus on most of our budgets to pay for the social welfare programs and health care for all. Everybody have 5 weeks of payed vacation every year ...so everything is fine. We have a very tight immigration policy to prevent the scores of poor people (mostly muslims) coming to live on our welfare instead of working (It has been harder to get political asylum for refugees and we are not the magnet we were 8 years ago when 20.000 muslims came every year). Almost every day we hear horror stories in the press and the police arrest extremist muslims planning terror attacks all the time, because we participate in the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is probably only a matter of time before we will become target of some muslims terrorists bombs ... Also because of the Cartooonist case that insulted some muslims religious feelings. It a crazy world we live in but we can not allow anti-democrats and extremists to make live us live in fear.

According to the prognosis it seems to be a close race. but the right wing coalition seems to get 4 more years. But nothing is certain before the votes have been counted (at about 1 am tomorrow night (It only takes about 5 hours to count the 4,7 million votes).

It also seems the election fever in US has begun ... What a long election process Americans have. And oh my friends are going to have SIGNS in their front yards supporting their candidates.

Take care Susan.