Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harry, these are for you! (well, everybody else, too, haha)

Posted by rainlily_sis (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 07 at 11:57

Harry, you always seem to really enjoy my photographs - I wanted you to see these.

I have a friend who's 20 year old son is moving out into his own place - he's in a little band that plays country music and she wanted some photos for his wall. She's planning on framing some sheet music, maybe buying an old instrument or something at a flea market, anyway - making a grouping on his living room wall, and wants a couple of photos enlarged for it. She asked me to come up with something with a guitar and maybe a keyboard.

Here's the guitar shots that I've come up with so far.
What do you think?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

that's my barn in the back of this one, LOL

this one is my favorite

I think this is the one the mom likes best

another version

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harry, these are for you! (well, everybody else, too, haha)

Great shots Sis. The reason you do so well with your photography is because you have vision! Imagination anyway. I am very flattered you gave these to me.

One thing. I've been trying to get a guitar to grow in my garden for years with no success. How did you do it?

o

Haha Harry!

I second Harry, amazing vision and imagination. Great composition, superb talent.

Pauline - Vancouver Island - aka One of Everone Else, heehee!

o

hahahaha! Harry, you just crack me up - I never woulda thought about that.

I have to admit - I have seen something similar by another photographer so it's not completely original - just my version of it.

This right here is more of what my imagination occupies itself with...

(snicker)

o

I thought the first one was of four pints of Guinness.

o

Those are very nice Sis. I'm with his mom although I like the second, off-centered version, best.

Is is depth of field you're using to get the softness or a filter? Share! :)

MichaelAT

o

lol, Harry!

Michael, I used depth of field on these. Hold on and I'll go check my photos and tell you the camera settings.

On the last 2, the one you like and the mom likes, I ran an action on those called "Midnight Color" which gave them the yellow/black tones. The others are the true colors.

o
camera settings

OK - on all of these, I used my 100mm lens - ISO was set for 200, aperture was f2.8, and the shutter speed ranged from 1/125 to 1/200. The softness or blur of the background was due to the aperture being wide open, at 2.8, causing a very shallow depth of field. These were taken later in the afternoon, between 5:30 and 6:15, I think - getting a little on the dark side - if I had been out there much longer, I would have had to bump the ISO up which would have made them more noisy.
Sis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here