Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll be away for a week !!!

Posted by zeffyrose_pa6b7 6b7 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 07 at 12:04

I'm going to spend a week with my DD in Lancaster--

DD will be having surgery on Tues.--She has been having a rough time since her DH left----He packed up while DD was here during my recent Hip Replacement--Needless to say she has been devastated and it has been rough on DH and I because I was unable to go comfort her ---she lives almost 2 hours away---

My DH did go visit her a couple of weeks ago.-
My PT and Dr said it was OK to travel with several rest stops-------Luckily my home PT visits are finished and I will start with PT three times a week at the office.
I've been able to take a few steps without the cane----which is some progress----still have pain but I guess that is normal---I take a pain pill before I do my PT exercises.

Recovery has been slow -----all the emotional upset hasn't helped

It is tough to be a mommie stuck in rehab and know that your daughter is in such distress

My DH ------ Robyn's step-father has been wonderful----He has been her "rock" through all of this pain----

Robyn is sounding stronger and finally realizing that she is better off without her DH. I can't believe he did such a sneaky thing.--He could have at least waited a couple of months .

Just pray that she stays strong.

I'll be back------and thanks for all your thoughts and prayers---I'm sure it has helped.

Florence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll be away for a week !!!

Florence, thanks for letting us know you'll be gone a while. We would have been very worried when we didn't hear from you. I'm sorry your daughter has all this hurt, but you are right - it is probably for the best in the long run. My son's wife left him for another man after 10 years of marriage and he was crushed. Now, several years later, he has married a girl he went to high school with, and is happier than he has ever been in his life. We were taking care of my dying father in our home (with the help of hospice) when my son's wife left, and he was 2,000 miles away. I know what you mean when you say how hard it is to have a child hurting like that and not be able to go and help. But our children are stronger than even they know - your daughter will do O.K. and find even more happiness in the future - I just bet!!

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 10, 07 at 15:13

Zeffy, maybe a change of scenery and seeing your daughter face to face again is just what you need.

I don't know how you are going to be there with her and not want to 'do' for her, but we'll just have to trust you to take care of yourself and follow doctors instructions :)

Let us know when you are home! And blessings to your daughter too

o

Ok, thanks for letting us know. You'll be missed. Take care of DD and your hip!

Carla

o

We'll hold the good thought for you and yours and hope all goes well with your daughter's surgery.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here