Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We baked our fruitcake today------smells good

Posted by zeffyrose_pa6b7 6b7 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 07 at 12:38

Our house smells like Christmas---

I've been baking this same fruitcake since 1991---always made it the day after Thanksgiving---School was closed and the kids loved to smell it baking.
However with all the upheaval in our family this year DH figured we better get it done because we don't know what will be happening the day after Thanksgiving----

We will be having dinner here----with everyone's help--

Bob and I will do the turkey---stuffing and gravy and the rest is up for grabs----LOL

Florence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We baked our fruitcake today------smells good

• Posted by petra 8TX HillCountry (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 7, 07 at 14:19

Florence, you can't post about your fruitcake without a recipe!!!!!!!! ;):)

o

Don't you think its done yet?
Baking the same fruitcake for 15 years????
But then its only 1 day a year.

o

Oh my gosh, What a great tradition Florence! May I have that recipe also? My kids would love it! I've yet to bake my first fruitcake, maybe its time:)

Betty

o

Florence, I always remember you and your fruitcakes :) I think I told you years ago that we have a family German Fruitcake recipe that is a very strong tradition with us.

I still haven't made one for the past few years cos the stirring is too hard!! Maybe this year I'll force Dad to stir... the smell and taste is truly !!((CHRISTMAS))!!
:)

o

"Good one" Pete----
Petra and Betty----I think I did post it once before---It is a nice dry fruitcake lots of Pecans----no citron YUK---I will look---I think I have it filed somewhere --then I can just paste it here---

Florence

o

It gets such a bad wrap I love good fruit cake particularly dark spicey ones with a good amount of molasses!

o

Since you baked it early, you must be soaking it...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here