Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathwhit_gw

What's on your gift list?

kathwhit
17 years ago

In our family we draw names for our holiday gift exchange. So I have to make a gift list. Mostly I want garden related items....garden art, windchimes, windsocks, gloves, weeder, Edmunds gift certificate, organic fertilizer etc. But also on the list are iPod accessories (speakers, car broadcast setup, case) and iTunes gift card. Also a big heavy duty zip front Oregon Duck sweatshirt.

What's on your list?

Kathy

Comments (12)

• catkim
    17 years ago

We are thinking of getting a new tv, not so simple as it sounds. The set we have is more than 20 years old, have to catch up on HDTV 1080i vs 780p, plasma, LED, blah blah blah.

I want my daughter to help me clean out my closet and drawers, as in "Mom, that is way out, ditch it."

I need a new handbad. Tickets to Italy. Help making a trellis. I need the kids bedrooms and bathroom painted.

That's not what you meant, Kathy, sorry. Nice kitchen towels. Jewelry is always tasteful. ; )

• kathwhit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sure, that's what I mean. I could use a ski trip to Aspen and a Week in Mexico! Maybe I should have titled it "Wish List"!! I wish it would stop RAINING!
    Kathy

• theroselvr
    17 years ago

I'm getting some Barbie's probably not the one I've wanted for 2 years now. Some kind of "romantic" jewelry - a nice new ring since we just had our 5th anniversary; he planned to fish that weekend, nothing else :( I also wanted some cheap jewelry from inspired silver but it's not available any more.

Hmm, 2 500 gig hard drives to store backups of backups of my photos.

Honeysuckle candles
    Victorias secret gift card
    A new house, not just any house, 1 in particular. Hubby isn't so sure about buying it but it's what I need for closure.

My teeth to stop breaking or for a dentist to realize I need them pulled, there is no saving gum disease this bad and give me perfect teeth :)

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

Oooo no dentist talk - I'm in denial. Well, OK a trip to the Costa Rican dentist where it costs 1/3 and I can sip Tequila sunrises on a volanic beach after :)

Roses or shipping, darnit. My current budget doesn't let me sneak in orders like the good ole days.

Tools that work with my back - obnoxiously pricey. There is a grass clipper that can be pushed from a standing position that may do. Darned grass closer to the beds than the ridemower goes is a bane every season.

[alt: a cute yardman for hire and I could sip Tequila Sunrises during...]

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    17 years ago

Meredith, LOL!

I'm asking for one of those flat garden wagons so I can load up my potted roses and just pull them indoors and out in spring and fall - my back would be ever so grateful. Also, I've asked for a high stool for use in the kitchen when I have to stay in one spot for a length of time - like peeling potatoes at the sink. My knees just can't tolerate the standing for very long any more. Other than that, it's the usuals: earrings, sweaters, books and CD's...and almost any article of clothing from the Coldwater Creek catalog!

Anne

• melva
    17 years ago

I like the Coldwater Creek catalog too! On my list, is a garden cart, rooting hormone, books are good, alfalfa pellets,
    dirt (mushroom compost) seeds...I have two garden carts and the good one is cracked, it still works (for now) but one of these days...so I need another one...

• theroselvr
    17 years ago

Those of you looking for a great time saving tool, the Corona all purpose saw is great for dividing plants. My friend has one, hubby bought us 2 for Christmas - one for me, one for him.

Meredith, with how much my mouth will cost, it will be a gift for the next few years lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Corona saw

• carla17
    17 years ago

Money for rose orders!! Most anything having to do with gardening.
    Sue, the saw looks like one I need.
    But most of all, peace and love.

Carla

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Can't think of anything. My trip to Australia is paid for. Already have Jonh Mayer tickets. I guess just an iTunes gift card.

And someone to pay for a dumpster, I just MUST clear away some of this 25 years of stuff I've been collecting...

• catkim
    16 years ago

Trip to Australia!! How cool is that! What are your plans? John Mayer tickets, pretty good score also.

Wow, this is an old thread. Looking back at my wish list, I did all right. No new tv, still use the trusty old one, but I did score a new handbag and tickets to Italy, so I can't complain. The son's room is *almost* done being painted -- what a chore. Have yet to purge my closet, and the trellis is still in 'design phase'.

Speaking of tickets, we have tix to Stephen Stills and later to John Hiatt. Those concerts should be fun.

So how did your gift list work out??

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

LOL, still no dentist, trimmer, trip to Costa Rica or oogle-worthy yardman.

A couple of tequilas since... forgot the sunrise ;]

Yes, more roses and beauts at that, so I got what I wanted.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Oh, John Hiatt is coming to my town in August with Shawn Colvin and I think I'd better go. 'Cause I'm way bummed that Bloc Party did a free concert in Asbury Park (or was it Long Branch?) last week and I missed it!

Well the trip is a kind of strange story. I was planning on going for my next major birthday (ends in '0'), and had been looking into it for two years. Was getting down to planning when one of my best friends' husband got a rotational to Melbourne and they are now living there for a couple of years. So, I added on Christmas in Melbourne. Sydney for most of the first week, Melbourne, then Cairns for New Year's (Sydney was almost all sold out). I am very happy.

And I almost went to Costa Rica this year, but couldn't get it worked out in time. :-P