Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bob woke me up at 5 A.M. to vote !!

Posted by zeffyrose_pa6b7 6b7 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 4, 08 at 14:58

We got to the poles by 6 A.M. Bob brought a chair for me and wrapped me up in a warm cozy blanket with American Flags all over it---We were 8 and 9 in line and by the time we voted and got back to our car the line was way over 3 hundred.
there was a little old lady ahead of us in line ---she was in a wheelchair all bundled up She was the cutest little thing I guessed her to be not much over 4 feet tall.

Hope the best man wins and we all unite behind whoever it is.

Happy Election Day.

Florence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bob woke me up at 5 A.M. to vote !!

................and it was a great day. Enjoyed the whole evening on TV. Congratulations America! I know the end results may not have been what everyone hoped, but it certainly was for the majority. USA and globally. I still feel very emotional at the two exceptional speaches of McCain and Obama. Obama's was absolutely incredible. Good luck, everyone.
With love from a Canajun!
Pauline

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 5, 08 at 10:50

Zeffy, good for you both :) I hope he bought you breakfast too...I love being out that time of day in Spring and Summer, not so much in November.

I voted in my kitchen, no need to park, stand in line or even brush my teeth...our whole county is mail-in only as are many counties in this state.

o

I went at 1pm during my lunch hour and there was no line at all. Went right in, voted, plenty of time for lunch. Then I stayed up late last night watching results. I was hoping Al Franken would win too but it was too close and now they're doing a recount so I won't know who won until December. I'm very happy for Obama. I realized while watching his speech last night that I never really believed he could win until he did it. I guess I've gotten too used to backing the loser. Oh, and the weather here was perfect, we even hit a record high. So no one had any excuse for not voting.

o

I voted early. I live in Palm Beach Florida. For some reason people think there is a problem with voting here, ha ha. But no problems this time, record turnouts. I am so very proud of our new pres. My vote actually counted this time.
Nancy

o

Oh--I forgot to add---we were out of the poles by 7 and then went to "Steaks and things" a little restaurant in Yardley with a beautiful view of the Delaware River----This restaurant has been flooded 3 times so this time they raised it up 10 feet which affords us a nice view.
we had two poached eggs on toast MMMMMMMMMMM

Florence

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here