Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanserrackd

And he said he didn't think he got good shots...

Susan Serra
17 years ago

My DH works on a construction site on New York's Central Park West, right near Columbus Circle. The building is a super luxury residence building, and Denzel and Sting already have purchased apartments there, from what I hear, in the vicinity of 30 million smackeroos. Here's a poor man's view from the 38th floor, the top floor of the building.

And, he said he didn't think he got good shots! Select the image size to "original" underneath the first image and enjoy! As usual, there are a bunch. At the end are a few of DH's friends and a fresh faced new apprentice. DH had to move some machinery and materials out of the way to take these shots, but he knew he had to because I was expecting great shots!! Enjoy Central Park in the fall.

Here is a link that might be useful: Autumn in New York...........

Comments (15)

• carla17
    17 years ago

Susan, these are wonderful! I enjoy seeing the whole apple and they could be postcards. Please tell your husband I think he did a great job.

Carla

• youngquinn_gw
    17 years ago

Central Park West right near Columbus Circle did you say? Yhat brings back lovely memories, I know it well LOL (I never thought Id say that)
    The shots are fantastic Susan, what a perk of the job!! My congrats to your DH

• onewheeler
    17 years ago

Beautiful pics Susan, your DH did a great job, looks as if you have some competition in the picture taking category, LOL.

• catkim
    17 years ago

What a fine bird's eye view! He really captured the city and park beautifully. I envy your fall colors. Carla is right, they could be postcards.

• moodyblue
    17 years ago

OMG - Awesome!! - Now who IS the photographer here! JK (just kidding) It looks like you are two peas in a pod - both very talented people. Love your pictures. These two are absolutely fabulous.

I honestly do not know what the abbreviation DH stands for. On a British Garden board, OH means other half, so I am assuming that it is something like that. :) I have seen it used several times here. Hopefully, somebody will explain. Thanks!
    Pauline - Vancouver Island

• melva
    17 years ago

DH can be a number of things...darling husband, darn husband, da** husband,...you get the idea?

• Molineux
    17 years ago

A luxury apartment overlooking Central Park in New York City.

Well it doesn't get any more fabulous than that.

• starshadow
    17 years ago

susan, those are stunning!

--the starkness of the buildings and the lighting on them--contrasted with the lush color of the trees is breathtaking!

thanks again for sharing your photos!

pat

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm so glad you're enjoying them! Next will be shots when it snows, I think those will be really great too. I can't remember the last time he took a picture, and he did so well, giving me a run for my money, that's for sure.

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

Susan,
    I have to add my praise for your hubby's photos. I showed all the people at work and they were awstruck. Give him a hug from me and a big thank you.
    Kathy

• iowa_jade
    17 years ago

Your DH did good! Nice photos.

F.L.

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Wow what amazing pictures----It always amazes me when I look at all the windows and try to imagine just how many lives are tied up to those buildings---
    I think I've already told you about the book "Time and Again" by Jack finney. This man goes back in time and they used The Dakota for the experiment ---I think you would love this book.

great pictures of old NYC.

Florence

• User
    17 years ago

KOOOOL great shots of the nice big jewel in the middle of our island. The other thing that always grabs me is the vast amount of wealth that surrounds it. Theres nothing along 5th Ave in those shots under a million repeated hundreds of times over in each of those cubes staggering.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

Autumn in Central Park. Awesome view and colors! When I win that big MegaMillions... ;-))

Thank your DH for us Susan!

• jim_east_coast_zn7
    17 years ago

Susan,
    Please tell dear Hubby the pictures are FABULOUS!!! The only down side is they have made me homesick ;-(.
    Jim East Coast from Huntington