Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will be having a Myelogram on Mon.

Posted by zeffyrose_pa6b7 6b7 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 21, 09 at 19:10

Drs are still trying to get to the bottom of the pain.
The Dr. who did my hip replacement two years ago insists it is my back so I went back to the Neurosurgeon who did my back surgery (which was a success)----so far I've had a bone scan---X-rays and EMG---the EMG Dr does not think it is my back-
Here we go again----I've been told the Myelogram will be able to determine what is going on in the back

Funny thing is for the past month or so the pain is a little better. I've been able to get around the house with just the cane but not able to walk very far.

I would appreciate all your good thoughts and prayers.

Thanks in advance---
Florence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will be having a Myelogram on Mon.

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 11:20

Hi Florence! I'm glad you've been doing a little better in your house but back to your normal outside activities would be great too :) Maybe this test will have some answers for you.

Of course you have our good thoughts and prayers - for tomorrow, and every day. Let us know...

o

• Posted by roselvr 6B Lower S.Jersey (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 19:25

Florence, I hope it confirms what the problem isn't.
Have you ever had one? From what I understand, some call them Myelogram, some call them discographys.

Good luck & let us know how you make out.

o

I did have one of these back in 2005 prior to back surgery

the Dr. wanted it done so he wouldn't have any surprises when he operated. They are not as bad as they used to be or so I've been told-----Years ago you had to stay on your back overnight

When I had the other one---the procedure took about 1 hour---then a CT and they keep you for another 3 hours then you have to recline at home for four hours----We will stay in Robyn's apartment overnight then I have to come home and get ready for Thanksgiving-----

BTW--Sue --how are you ???
Thanks Maureen for your kind thoughts----
Florence

o

Florence - I rarely check this side, but am glad I did. Hope your procedure goes smoothly, and you get some answers. Back pain is a terrible thing to have to go through. We'll be thinking of you.

o

• Posted by roselvr 6B Lower S.Jersey (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 24, 09 at 9:58

I'm hanging in there. Going to update the post.
I'll have to google to see what the difference is between that & the discography. They injected something in my disk to duplicate pain. They also did the CT. I didn't have to lay down for hours

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 1, 09 at 20:35

Zeffy - have you heard if your test results came up with any new direction on the pain you've been having the last many months? I've been thinking of you....

o

Last Sunday, at church I prayed for you, Florence. There was a beautiful light streaming through the stained glass windows. God bless you, Florence.

Juliet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here