Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inflation

Posted by michaelalreadytaken No Cal (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 20:33

Inflation

Wish I had a crystal ball.

" Import prices jumped 9.6 percent in October from a year earlier, the most since September 2005, the Labor Department said Nov. 9. The government may say on Nov. 15 that consumer prices climbed 3.5 percent in October from a year earlier, the most since August 2006, based on the median estimate of 23 economists surveyed by Bloomberg.

Dollar Effect

Wholesale prices surged 4.4 percent in the year through September, the fastest since June 2006. The government may say on Nov. 14 that prices rose 6.4 percent in the year through October, according to the median estimate of economists surveyed by Bloomberg.

Inflation typically accelerates 21 months after the dollar starts depreciating, according Mustafa Chowdhury, head of U.S. interest rate research in New York at Deutsche Bank AG. A "

MichaelAT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inflation

Walmart raised their Sam club soda in machine from 25c to 40c.That hurt.

o

I am noticing the price of most everything creeping up, esp. at the grocery store, and it's more than 6.4%.

With the price of gas + depreciating dollar, something's gotta give.

o

Prices of imported goods are bound to increase since the dollar is the lowest it has been in 30 years. It has gone down 25 percent during the last 14 month compared to our currency (Danish Crowns). That means you have to pay 25 percent more from goods from our country compared to 14 month ago.

On the other hand ... Powershopping in America is wonderful for us. Most things were already about half price compared to prices here In Europe. Now they are about 1/3 of the price we pay here. I am always bringing an extra empty suitcase for all the things I bring back back to Europe. Shoes, Clothing, books, electronics you name it...

I hope none of you are going to Europe soon ... you are going to be robbed blind since the dollar is worth so little.

All financial markers indicate that The American Economy is about to tip into a recession.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7069087.stm#Poundgraph

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7081256.stm#map

So you have seen nothing off the price raises yet to come ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Euro/Dollar Exchange Rate last 180 Days

o

New York is filled with so many of the children of my Irish first cousins all with empty suitcases shopping, because we are so cheap. My sister reminded me that when we were kids our mother used to send care packages to Ireland.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here