Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeffyrose

I'm flying to Texas on Sat.

zeffyrose
17 years ago

Please wish me luck---I haven't been on a plane in 20 years.

My sister lives in Texas------I haven't seen her since before my DH and I had all our surgeries.

She now has 5 great grandchildren and I miss sharing their lives.

Driving there would be a little difficult at this time so my daughter is treating me to a plane trip.

My DD and are are going together.My DH won't fly anymore---LOL

I'm a little nervous about flying but she is insisting that we go.

Please say a few little prayers for me on Sat. Nov 11--

Thanks-----

Florence

Comments (15)

• celeste/NH
    17 years ago

Florence,
    I will be remembering you on Saturday. I know the angels will be flying with you...you will be just fine.
    I do understand your nervousness, esp. since its been so many years. I'm not much of a flyer myself.
    I will never forget 10 years ago when I had just gotten divorced from my 1st husband who had moved to San Antonio, Texas and I had to put all three of my children on the plane to go visit him. They were only 12, 11, and Tiffany was just 3 and none of them had ever flown before, much less all by themselves. To top it off, my son was in a wheelchair from his last of many surgeries...I was a miserable wreck! Tiffany just clutched ahold of me and wouldn't go down to board the plane. She was crying & begging me not to make her go. I watched that plane until it was a speck in the sky and went out to my car and literally could not drive, I was sobbing and shaking so hard. They were gone for 21 days and every night on the phone Tiffy would be crying and asking if tomarrow she was coming home. I missed them so much I thought I wouldn't make it...I had always been a stay-at-home mom and the kids and I are especially close.
    We all survived it, but I didn't breathe normally until I saw them coming out of that gate....and then I was crying all over again it felt so wonderful!
    It was so scary because my whole entire world was up in that sky.

You will have a nice visit...your sister will be so happy to see you, as will all the family. I'm so glad your daughter is going to be with you.

Take care and have fun, sweet lady!

Celeste

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    17 years ago

Florence, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your sister and her family!

I admit to not flying as comfortably as I used to also...something about the takeoffs makes me forget to breathe. But like with everything else, thinking about it before hand is much worse than doing it...once you are on the plane you are going to be fine.

Happy travels to you and your daughter. - be sure to come back here and tell us all about your trip

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    17 years ago

Florence, you've obviously raised a wonderful daughter - bless her for arranging this trip for you and being your traveling companion! Don't worry about the flight, just concentrate on being re-united with your sister at the end of it. Have a joyful time, dear lady, and enjoy that Texas sunshine! :-)

Anne

• carla17
    17 years ago

Have a safe and happy trip!

Carla

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh my goodness---Celeste------what a horrible month that must have been-----I just can't even begin to imagine putting my babies on a plane---I remember one day when my two children were very young and I was following them in a car with their Dad and as I was driving behind them I thought to myself--"My whole world was in that one car" and I couldn't wait tll we were again all in one car. that is nothing compared with putting them on a plane.

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts.

Florence

• User
    17 years ago

Have a great time would rather be in a plane than a car any day

• starshadow
    17 years ago

it took me forever to get an opportunity to fly--but now ya can't keep me outta the sky!---

have a safe and wonderful trip!

pat

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

Oh Florence, I envy you getting to go an a nice trip to see your family and get out of the gloom of the north! Just forget your fears, trust in the pilot, and enjoy flying. It is such an amazing technology and so much fun to be up there looking down at the clouds and our country passing by. Have a great time!
    Kathy

• carol_se_pa_6
    17 years ago

Florence:

Just forget about the flight and focus on seeing your sister and her family! Have a blast!!

• LindyB
    17 years ago

I know you will have a wonderful time visiting with your sister. Take a good book to read on the plane. A lot of airlines now charge you for food so check into that before the day of your trip. Your ticket should tell you if the meals are extra. I try to carry snacks with me since airline food isn't very good and usually not very filling.

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday. We want to hear all about your trip when you get back.

Linda

• orchids2000
    17 years ago

Have a great flight and enjoy your sister and the rest of the family. I've been travelling by plane since I was 2 years old and got to go solo to visit relatives by the time I was 12. The funny thing as I get older the smaller the planes have become. :)

• shellfleur
    17 years ago

Florence, have a wonderful and safe trip. It will all be fine. Shelley

• theroselvr
    17 years ago

Have fun Florence. Glad your back is up to traveling.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

Take a snack with you, depending on the airline, the amount of "meal" can vary. Have a great time!!!

• moodyblue
    17 years ago

Oh Florence, I missed speeding you Good Luck, but It is done now, and I am sure you had a marvelous flight. In 1970 after an awful era in air traffic we decided we could not fly and were emmigrating to Canada by QEII - at the last moment before the final booking we decided to fly (to get there quicker) :) and we have no regrets - flown mega times since. Looking forward to hearing how it all went. Hope you had a wonderful visit.
    Pauline - Vancouver Island