Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gift box idea needed

Posted by andrewlina Z5 (gardenweb4um@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Nov 22, 07 at 22:41

My 11 yr old daughter loves makeup! Last year someone gave her some nail polishes and lip glosses in a cute bag. I want to do that this year (only bigger & better). I want a cute idea for a gift box or something to tuck the girly goodies in. Any ideas!? I am drawing a blank! Thanks for any suggestions. Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gift box idea needed

Sephora had a big make up box a while back. May still be offered. Do you have a Sephora store in your city?
They have some cute lines for younger girls and all kinds of gift ideas.

Carla

o

How about packing it up with brushes, etc., and giving it an artist's palette theme? I don't know much about how artists pack up their stuff though, haha - that may not be a good idea.

When we give gifts to young girls for their birthday and such, we sometimes will buy a cute purse and pack tons of stuff in it - coin purse, makeup, pen and notepad, gum, etc. When you said 'bag' up there, did you mean purse? If not, maybe just a cute little purse, or a little backpack purse. There are also stuffed animal purses out there, too.

o

No,we do not have Sephora stores near me. I never heard of it. I am halfway between Madison & Milwaukee and an hour from Chicago. They might have one there. She is not into brushes and stuff rainlily,that is advanced for her. BUT I like the idea of adding coin purse,gum... I was actually meaning like a gift box or bag,not so much a purse. Thanks for the great ideas! I will look into the Sephora thing. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL.

o

Remember old-fashioned hat boxes?

I bet you could find cute ones at a craft store.

o

Or if she's wanting to sometimes be a more grown up, you want to give her something that would be a keeper, the Shaker boxes are the kinds of containers that can become heirlooms. (Our source is Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill in Kentucky and they mailorder.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Shaker ovals

o

What about a makeup case. Looks like a little suitcase with mirror inside the lid and trays to hold the different makeups. You can find these anywhere, Dollar Stores, large drugstores, Wally World. They come in so many colors and styles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here