o
Optical Confusion

Posted by michaelalreadytaken No Cal (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 07 at 0:04

If you take my word that the tree trunk at the top of the photo is:

1) out of the water
2) in the foreground

AND

that everything appearing below that tree trunk is a reflection in the water, except for the rocks in the foreground,

THEN

is that an horned owl reflecting, upside down, sitting on the white branch to the right of the photograph--with said branch completely obscured by tree trunk in the foreground???

LOL.

:)

MichaelAT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Optical Confusion

Talk about early Sunday morning confusion. I do take your word on points one and two. AND that everything appearing below that tree trunk is a reflection in the water, except for the rocks in the foreground. BUT, is that a horned owl - No! (but of course it "could" be. But I do not think so.

Don't worry I worked at this. I copied it to a file then turned it upside down and back to front, cropped everything but the owl-like image, and I thought why am I doing this. Yeah, I'm crazy when I could be having my Zzzzzzzzzzzs! :heehee
Good night Michael. Good photograph as usual.
Pauline - Vancouver Island

o

I see a squirrel tail too.

Carla

o

haha, I did the same thing as Pauline! I thought maybe it was a squirrel, like Carla.

Cool pic!
Sis

o

Nice shot I have no idea what it is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here