Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Pete: Salmon fishing Downtown Chicago

Posted by cupshaped_roses Denmark (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 07 at 4:41

Hi Pete just found some funny pictures of a trip to one of the parks in the middle of Chicago in October with a 9 feet part spinning rod- The North lagoon was full of salmon (both coho and Chinook and very bright steelheads). I caught this very angry looking dark 18 pounds Chinook, that I returned alive (not worth eating anyway because of pollution and the level of spawning maturity):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Pete: Salmon fishing Downtown Chicago

Good job Cupshaped. That'll put Pete in his place. Always braggin' about his winter roses and fishing prowess. Plus, that picture clearly shows the effects of global warming - its already blackened!

o

OOOOOOH Niels, Pete is going to be soooooooo jealous. Bet
he's never caught anything so big(LOL).

o

Ha ha ha Harry and Devon! But Pete has both Tarpon and Alligator Gar in Florida And they are way bigger than Salmon!!! And has scary teeth!!! Maybe Pete fishes for these? Here some pictures (link) of these monsters from some friends trip to Texas last year:

Here is a link that might be useful: Texas fishing for Gator Gars

o

It is hard to take photos of fish bought at the fishmongers. Be nice to Pete!

Looks like a nice catch, Niels!

In Chicago of all places. Well I know they have stocked the lake and fishing around Racine and further north is popular.

Most of Chicago runoff is pushed down the Mudassippi as they get their drinking water from Lake Michigan. The fish would probably have been OK to eat, just the idea is kind of groadie.

Foghorn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here