Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Let's try this Good Morning!!!

carla17
17 years ago

Good morning everyone. How are you? I know this is a busy time of year and it would be fun to discuss what you're buying, what you're doing, etc.

Carla

Comments (7)

• mjsee
    17 years ago

I'm about halfway finished` with my Christmas shopping--am hoping to get the presents for my niece and nephews shipped today. My sibs'll get their presents...eventually.

Very little else going on here...it's finally warming back up after being WAY cold over the weekend. (18 when I went to work at the GC Saturday morning. BRRRRRRRR!)

melanie

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    17 years ago

I could probably put everyone right back to sleep in front of their computers - that's how interesting my day is going to be :). I need to wrap all the stuff from last weeks trip to Toys R Us - wrapping isn't fun for me, but some of it needs to be mailed.

I've written checks, have some filing to do, one more room to clean so I can finish decorating. About Wednesday, I think I should be free to take a by-myself shopping trip to Seattle...Christmas essentials are taken care of but I'd like a day to go to Powells Books, Sephora, see if I can find something for picky DH to wear over the holiday, look for cache pots for houseplants that need repotting - maybe Crate and Barrel?

It's pouring down rain and there's a high wind watch for this afternoon but I need to go out, we need groceries! - Melanie, it's 50o. Christmas in the NW :)

• carla17
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Mel
    Maureen, I actually love to wrap gifts. I like to make them as pretty as possible. Yesterday we went to the "big city" and shopped. A new Crate and Barrel, I loved it. Sephora is a must everytime I go out of town! Crate and Barrel had some neat ornaments, I can't resist ornaments. Wish I could go with ya!

Carla

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

Still have a cold going. It's a snowy day. I MUST vacuum. The horses have extra large buckets of warm mash brewing for an afternoon treat. The 16 indoor roses have had their baths in the sunroom sink. The first bud is starting to unfurl, and all of the roses are sporting buds now. The snowbirds got an extra helping of seeds. The allium seeds in the fridge have sprouted and are ready to transplant. I need to cook some rice to add to Lisa's broth recipe (on the cold remedy thread).

Oooh, there's too much to do!

{{gwi:210149}}

Cheers,
    Michelle

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

Morning! Had a busy weekend shopping and decorating. I spent about 2 hours cleaning up my patio and around the house. I hosed everything down, pulled up all the old annuals and cleaned up the pots and planters and swept down cobwebs. My dog Freddy was a big help. Everytime I put turned on the hose, he tried to bite the water, so I got soaked and so did he. On Sunday we got the Christmas tree and I finished the decorating. I am giving a big family party on Saturday, so I am going to be busy de-cluttering and cleaning all week. At school, the kids are getting more and more excited. I am lucky to have two weeks off starting on Friday!
    Bye for now.
    Kathy

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

Good Evening!

Trying to decide if I need to trek to Charlotte myself to go to Dean&Deluca's. My cooking skills are requested this Xmas and I'm trying to find authentic ingredients for my cassoulet this year.

Docs and school are keeping me busy, too... oy.

I've bought all the gifts but one that's easy enough to pick up locally. Crossing my fingers the others get shipped in time!

• theroselvr
    17 years ago

Good morning. Been busy baking cookies. I decided to adopt someone in Iraq, sent him close to 10 boxes, 2 being cookies. Pretty much done Christmas shopping, almost have everything wrapped.

Was going to make a post a few weeks ago, will put it here instead. I read an article about the father of the boy "David" that Madonna adopted. Turns out the father just remarried, his bride is pregnant. I was pretty shocked to read about it, since he gave up his boy. I mean, if he knew he was getting married, why not keep him?