Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Sue, we hope you're ok!

carla17
16 years ago

Sue, aka roselvr, is having some type of medicine pump put into her back this week. Don't know when she'll be up and around but let's wish her luck. Sue, I hope you are back home by now and doing good. Let us hear when you are able.

Crala

Comments (8)

• pete41
    16 years ago

Wish you the best Sue and I am betting Crala wishes we had an edit feature.lol

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pete, I'm clueless

• pete41
    16 years ago

Sue, aka roselvr, is having some type of medicine pump put into her back this week. Don't know when she'll be up and around but let's wish her luck. Sue, I hope you are back home by now and doing good. Let us hear when you are able.
    Crala

I know we aren't supposed to tease about spelling but---
    Peet

• theroselvr
    16 years ago

Hi Carla, I'm home, have been since 9pm Wednesday night.. couldn't wait to get out of there.

What it was, was a trial for the Medtronic pain med pump. They put a catheter in my spine, then from what I felt, it was taped up my back to my left shoulder. I had 3 lines coming out of me, each going to a different external pump that was on an IV stand. I was given bupivacaine pf, baclofen & some type of morphine.

I was ok when I got to my room. Ended up waking to a lady next to me that had broken her hip & was very confused. I eventually tried to calm her, but it didn't work. I was trying to tell her she was in the hospital with a broken hip but she wasn't hearing me. One of her people came & calmed her down before taking her for surgery around 4pm. I never saw her again. I wasn't awake much after that until Wednesday morning. I do remember them taking my blood pressure and asking if 79 over 40 was normal for me.. Last time I saw a BP that low was when my dad was dying. I was pretty scared.

The next morning was rough. The whole lower half of my body was numb, I almost fell going to the bathroom. I don't remember much else until they started turning pumps off. I had a bad spinal headache that wouldn't go away & at this point, I had another room mate that left the lights on & had her TV very loud.. which killed my head.

It's a shame I had to stop, but since I couldn't function due to the headache, had no choice. One of the meds did work for my pain.. I told the Dr, I would gladly do it again at some point knowing what we knew about the other 2 meds. He's not so sure.

My doctor didn't want me to stop, he wanted me to try drinking caffeine; they say it gets rid of spinal headaches; but there was no way I was going to at that point. Having a face splitting headache like that for over 24 hours was enough for me. I also wasn't convinced caffeine would help. I was drinking some coffee when they brought it with meals but it did nothing to touch the pain.

Been doing a lot of laying down since I've been home. My headache is back, going to have to call the doc to see what he says. I've never had headaches (like this anyway) before, usually they are sinus or not that bad... this one felt like my whole face was going to explode. Even my eyelashes hurt.

I am betting Crala wishes we had an edit feature.lol

Yeah, there's a few features this place needs... edit, email reply updates. While I like the format here, coming here and trying to remember what posts I'm following is getting hard. I'm so spoiled with newer forums that have better software.

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pete, I admit, I'm loosing it slowly. Teenage life is killing me!!!
    Sue, gotta go to doctor, will write later.

CARLA

• Krista_5NY
    16 years ago

Sue, I hope you feel better soon, so sorry to hear about your back pain.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Man, thanks Carla for the news! I'm so out of the loop from being busy!

Sue, sweet Sue!! I hope your headache goes away ASAP! Is it just the meds that does it, or was it the procedure?

So you DO like one of the meds? Can they consider using just that one, or do you know if it also causes the awful stuff?

Hang in there, and Merry Christmas!! I'm so sorry I didn't keep up with the fact that you were having something so big done! Keep us posted... and I'll try to get here more, too :)

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Sue,
    I can hardly conceive of the complexity of that procedure, but I can hope that this week's end is better for you than last week's and that all things get better as time goes on.
    Ann
    (who kind of likes "Crala" as an internet hide-behind name)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor