Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeffyrose

Update on Daughter and hip pain and Hospital trip

zeffyrose
16 years ago

Where do I start----???????????????

Hospital trip---------I was starting my exercises at the rehab center and passed out----Theresa my therapist said she couldn't find a pulse so she called 911--- when I came to I begged her to cancel the call because I knew how upset my daughter would be----but off I was to the hosptial for a two day stay and a series of tests- I'm home now and will be wearing a halter monitor-----so far the tests are OK--

About the hip pain------the Dr now thinks the pain is from the "Bursa" next to the incision causing severe pain when I try to walk----I'm now using Advil and Ice if that doesn't work he will use Cortizone------

about my dear daughter-----

We went to Lancaster Thurs. and Fri.--My DH joined Robyn at the lawyers ---Bob was pleased with the lawyer and I think after that meeting Robyn has a new resolve and FINALLY getting a little angry---Up to this point she was trying to work things out----However Robyn's DH ( and I don't mean "dear") has not been cooperating----she is finally seeing the truth of the situation

My daughter is still in terrible pain (she says it feels like her heart has been cut out of her)and extremely thin-

--and I'm still worried sick about her------we try to tell her she has to accept the things she can't change but she is truly heartbroken---mostly about the kids but I do believe they are also finally seeing the truth---

Thanks for all you kind support----

Florence-

Comments (12)

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Oh my goodness Florence! I am so glad you are ok. What a scare! I wonder what caused the fainting spell? I am glad they finally figured out the cause of your pain. Now you can get better faster. I know that the worry about your daughter is not helping the situation.

I'm also glad your daughter went to the lawyer. It's time to get serious about her change in status and accept the truth that her husband does not want to do anything but get out of the marriage. I feel so sorry for her. My prayers are with you all.
    Love,
    Kathy

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Florence, I'd been thinking you were going for a scheduled visit tomorrow for your hip! How awful, and how wonderful you didn't get injured when you fainted. You didn't hurt anything that you aren't mentioning, did you?

I'm sure the pain you're experiencing can't be helping your overload of stress, hopefully your doctor has found a way to address that now.

I feel so badly for your daughter and am glad to hear she's beginning to get angry. She must have gotten some spunk from her momma - I love it that you can call the soon-to-be ex DH :)

Please, please take care of yourself. Hugs and prayers, Maureen

• carol_se_pa_6
    16 years ago

Florence:

You certainly have your plate full! I have some bursitis in my hips. Stretching is a big help but I am sure the PT will show you how to do that. Take care of yourself and don't stress too much over your DD. As my mother used to say, everything has a way of working out!
    PS We are going to the Yardley Inn for my DH's birthday on Sunday.

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

Florence,
    Please take care of yourself. We want you in full gardening shape by this spring.

Harry

• carla17
    16 years ago

Florence, unfortunate time of year for pain and other complications. Sorry about your difficulties. Hope your daughter will find solace soon.
    You'll be outdoing all of us in spring!

Carla

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Exactly what Harry says.
    Please be careful. No rushing. Just mellow.
    And know that we are praying for good things for you all.
    Ann

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Dear Florence, I'm so sorry it's such a rough time for y'all now. Take a hot bath with a good cup of tea and a fruitcake smelling lovely baking in the oven :) [It'll help the bursitis too - use Epsom Salts, no kidding!] I know that your X-mas trees and baking and caring will still make a lovely Christmas that your family will treasure, even while they are hurting.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    16 years ago

Florence, you take it easy, woman. Give it time to heal. We want you back feeling good--however long that takes, we are here for you.

Kate

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    16 years ago

Dear Florence, I hope you are feeling better soon, both you and your daughter. Stay strong for her--I know you will!

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Florence - Are you doing any better after a few days of Advil and ice? I've been thinking about you - we all have :)

• erasmus_gw
    16 years ago

Florence, I can imagine that would have been frightening. Have they found out why you fainted yet?

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi dear friends---------so far the ice and Advil hasn't helped so today I started to take 3 at a time----I will probably have to get the shot-----Still can't put full weight on the leg-----

About the fainting---I had the halter monitor on for 24 hours and will discuss that with the Dr. on Fri for results--

My daughter is still heartbroken but she is having less bad days----Her 19 year old son is home from college and the two boys are a comfort to her
    I don't understand why her DH is being so mean and uncooperative---after all said and done---he is the one who snuck out while Robyn was here with me .

I'm so disappointed in him-------------

Hope all our snowbound friends are OK-----

Florence

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County