Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feel my pain

Posted by pete41 9ab FL. (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 07 at 11:45

It was overcast when I was getting ready to go fishing.Since it was supposed to get around 80,I just wore a bathing suit and short sleeved shirt.Wouldn't you know it,turned into a real ``Bluebird'' day.Soaked up a lot of rays,good thing I'm still bronzed.
Caught some nice seatrout and had a great morning.Coming home I had about a twenty mile per hour wind and the tide at my back.I flew up the river in my 9 foot kayak.
Well just wanted to say ,keep your spirits up or down a few.
TIC--------

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feel my pain

Pete, you must look like George Hamilton with all of that sun down there. We get cloudy day after drizzly day followed by rainy day.

Sounds like your life is a living hell of fishing day in and day out without end, I truly feel your pain.

Lance

o

You guys know I am just funnin ya but its a good life.

o

Pete,
Don't be surprised if you take a torpedo midships and the finger that pulled the trigger was cold and frostbitten.

o

careful don't pull Harrys trigger finger! We won't need a torpedo

o

Depends on how many beers he had,Joe.lol

o

Pete, are you still getting great roses? When are you going to cut them back? I should do mine soon, but I hate to cut off the big fat buds! This is my pain so I thought I'd share.

o

Pete,

It was 70 here today. Strange. I must say it was nice to go outside and work a bit in the yard.

I wish I had access to the ocean like you. I love to fish in the surf.

Last summer it took me about 30 mins to get this in. I wasnt sure what I had until the last of the fight...but I sure knew it was big.
Both of us were exhausted so I returned to the house as this Man-O-Ray returned to the sea.......Both with a story to tell!! :o)

Photobucket

o

Ronda,
Instead of returning that happy-lookin fella to the sea, wouldn't it have been so much more appropriate to put into Pete's kayak?

A manta ray isn't venomous though....they eat plankton and are harmless to humans. Puppy dogs of the sea.

I suspect you meant to add a stingray to the kayak?

;o)

Ronda

• Posted by
    harryshoe z6easternPA
    (h@full.net) on
    Thu, Jan 10, 08 at 11:27

Anything sharp or pain producing. A bear trap would be appropriate.

• Posted by
    Foghorn Leghorn C 5a H 6
    (foghorn@noyb.org) on
    Thu, Jan 10, 08 at 11:32

I do not believe that they have bear traps at the fishmongers.

OK Pete! Show us your fish!

o

A beartrap in a kayak. What a visual!!

o

No Ronda, the visual is Pete sitting on it and facing the payback for his insensitive remarks aimed at climate-challenged posters.

Where is Pete? Not Disneyland again...

o

My goodness what a handsome fellow, love the smile on that ray. They are fun to catch, we eat them. The wings make poor mans scallops.
I want to go to the beach but the water is so cold. I want to go fishing too but dont know where to go. Any ideas Pete?
Angela

o

I could never eat them....puppy dogs of the sea ya know.

I think Pete must have fallen out of his Kayak. Where are ya Soggy-Pete?

o

A torpedo? Harry don't you think that's a little overkill. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here