Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Music Concert question

carla17
16 years ago

How do those lucky lucky people get those great seats at concerts? I know radio stations give some away. Seriously, are they like $800 or something. Every time I've been to a concert I have to take binoculars.

BRUCE IS COMING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carla

crazed fan

Comments (11)

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

1. Camp out on the "official" ticket sales page with a high-speed connection just before they open for sales. Jump on as soon as they open for sales. Yes, the best seats are >$100. Don't try the phone, lines get overloaded when Bruce tickets go on sale. I don't even try to call my folks until after noon when that happens here, the central office gets swamped.
    2. Buy from scalpers.
    3. Buy from StubHub.
    4. Move here, he shows up all of the time, no need for a ticket...

• pete41
    16 years ago

Robin going to be there.
    Sorry,Brucey jokes are out.
    Wait long enough and see him on PBS.
    High Carla-good luck.

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Diane. I've seen him once but the seats are always nosebleed. I don't mind paying $100 if the seats are decent. Have you seen him?

Carla

• michaelalreadytaken
    16 years ago

And then there's this...

Here is a link that might be useful: Led Zeppelin

• User
    16 years ago

Some concerts try to thwart ticket brokers from buying up blocks of tickets some encourage it by selling group rates.
    While it's illegal it's still a common practice for concert & theater ticket sellers in NY to accept "ice" an extra added on ammount of money paid to box office workers. This is prohibited in the theater I work in and you will be fired if it is discovered that you engage in this practice. Almost anyone working with shows also get allotments of what are called house seats either deeply discounted or free these are almost always great seats and quite often wind up on ticket services going for top dollar. Industry people trade in favors it's a way of life performers from some shows or their agents and publicists call other shows or concerst and tickets are bought for family members secretaries, maids, family friends. If a ticket is very hot the network of connected people buzzes with who do you know thats connected to anyone connected with such and such. It's always someones brothers, mothers cousin is a bass player who played with them when they were on their reunion tour and his agents sister needs 4 ...well if there are 20 to 30 people working just with the crew multiply that times 5 and then the publicity staff multiply it again and then the immediate family members add another 20 to 30 and the ad agency and promoters add 20 and the financial backers add 40...amazing is'nt it. If there is going to be a televized concert all of the folks connected with that are good for favors of 3 and 4 tickets each. On a regular basis I'm offered tickets for practically anything thats running in town & usually only for weeknights 9 outta 10 I turn them down.. going out becomes work after work.
    The last way to great seats is going to a ticket broker who can tell you where the seat will be in advance this will cost big bucks. Any other ticket broker if they are legal in your state are doing nothing more than calling the box office and placing an order for you and charging you a service fee and somtimes a steep one. Hotels here often charge their guest as much as $175 for a ticket they could have purchased themselves for $79 they often become outraged when they realize that they have'nt gotten anything special sad on 1 level business on another. The same hotel just charged you $2 for a $25 cent phone call and $6 for a cup of coffee it's how they make their living. During the recent theater strike here I was told by a woman that the hotel was trying to sell her a pair of $158 tickets for $500...the pitch was you'll never do better on your own...well you would'nt do any worse either. The new Young Frankenstein is selling premium tickets for $450.....the theaters have gotten into the act now also.

• athenainwi
    16 years ago

It's hard to get tickets for the hot shows. The scalpers will use computer programs to buy up all the tickets within seconds of them going on sale. I recommend trying to find a presale. These are often through fan sites, credit card sites, or other promotional sites. Then you at least have a chance. Although, I tried in the spring to get Bjork tickets, and the presale website was locked up for the whole hour that there were tickets available. I tried again for the regular sale on ticketmaster but those were gone in about a minute. It was very frustrating. I'm glad that most of the bands we like are small enough that we can buy tickets at the door or even get in for free because we know people in the band.

The other way to get a ticket is to look for a promotion giving away tickets. There's only a small chance of winning, but these are the really good seats. Local newspapers and radio stations will have these most often but sometimes fan sites will get them too. Look on the newspapers' website for a link to a promotions or contest page. It's a good way to get free movie tickets too.

• trishaw
    16 years ago

I have seen him several times in Los Angeles. Back then we used to camp out in front of the Ticket Master stores. We slept in line and we did indeed win up front tickets at one time. As we got older the worse the seats got! Are you planning on the Charlotte show Carla? I would sure love to go. Too bad DH is not a fan.

Trish

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Trish, are you interested if I can get tickets? Ticketmaster starts Sat. morning. I've been researching this believe me.
    Then there is driving to Chlt. to camp out. That may not be an option for us. The Fox is supposed to be giving tickets away. Maybe I will get lucky. I want to take my daughter to see Justin too.

Carla

• paparoseman
    16 years ago

Carla, back in the mid-eighties when I was in the Army I knew two guys that saw Bruce four times during his tour of Europe. They were stationed in Germany and flew to all of his concerts throughout Europe in 1985.

Lance

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Three times:
    1. Passed him in a bar. Didn't recognize him. He was in cycle gear. My boss followed me in 5 minutes later, gushing that he shook Bruce's hand.
    2. Sat behind me at a Savion Glover show.
    3. Sang at the memorial service for a woman I worked with (so did Patti and Nils). She was engaged to his friend and tour manager Terry, who, sadly, passed away this year.

Somehow, I've not run into Jon Bon Jovi...

• petaloid
    16 years ago

Diane nj, didn't I ever tell my Jon BonJovi story here? How DH and I met him at the local Kinko's (photocopy place) and how he spoke to us, asking about the project we were working on (my rose club's bulletin)? He was very nice and down-to-earth. Oh yes, and cute, did I mention cute? Beautiful smile.

He lives in New Jersey, so there's still a good chance you'll meet him. I would like to see Bruce up close. I saw him here in L.A. in concert (average seats) and he puts on a wonderful show.