Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Checking in from Tulsa

Posted by sammy OK/7A (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 07 at 20:57

We heard on the radio, and read in the newspaper that we made national news. Actually my kids told me that too, but we had no power from Sunday night until late this afternoon. That is almost 5 days of living around the fireplace, trying to read by candle light.

Kaye, I have thought about you so much since that happened to you last spring, I think. Blue green lightning is a bad thing. There were 260,000 homes out of power in Tulsa county alone. The temperature was just right so that the mist froze on the wires and trees, and everything began to break.

I am so glad that we have fireplace - a gas one, since we do not keep wood.

On one evening we saw a bird in the kitchen. My dog caught it, and my husband managed to get it from him. We had to praise him, but what a mess.

I hope the weather hasn't been that bad to anyone else, and that you are all well.

As I look at my roses, I just keep telling myself that they were smaller than that when I bought them.

Sammy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Checking in from Tulsa

What a rough week you've had. Sounds like you are a trooper and made it through fine. Glad you and your family are ok.

Carla

o

Good luck Sammy.

o

I'm very glad to hear you made it through safely, and that your power is back on.

o

Thank you, Carla, Taureau, and Petaloid. I am still very tired. It is amazing how dirty that your house can get in a situation like this.

There are still thousands of people who have not had their power restored yet, and it is getting so cold. This is certainly no way to get out of going to school. Our week will be made up the first week of June - a time that I would really like to be outside.

Sammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here