Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annececilia

A snowman for my granddaughter

AnneCecilia z5 MI
17 years ago

I asked and was granted the honor of providing my granddaughter (would that be "DGD", BTW?) with her Christmas stocking. This will be her first Christmas; she turns 1 on Jan. 3rd. I had the most fun coming up with this idea and shopping for the materials with my sister last weekend and she knitted the little scarf for me (I crocheted years ago, but never knitted.) Here's the finished stocking:

{{gwi:211067}}

Think she'll like it in years to come?

(Oh, and here's one of the latest pics of our little sweetie:)

{{gwi:211069}}

Comments (9)

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

Too too cute! The stocking too [wink]. It really is adorable!

I considered crafting a stocking for at least BeeBee... but that's a tad silly for a dog and his son is currently enthralled in figuring out new ways to hunt/eat any decoration he spies.

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Anne------First of all let me say---Your little sweetie is just the cutest thing-----beautiful eyes. I remember when our grandaughter was that age---too precious for words.

Great idea for the stocking --she will treasure that forever.
    Merry Christmas.

Florence

• msjean
    17 years ago

I have to say that your little granddaughter is so beautiful.
    I have a beautiful granddaughter this year as well...although she is only 1 month old...but I know exactly how you feel about your little darling :)
    I think the stocking is lovely, and I believe that she will treasure it all her life...and attach much sentimental value as time goes by.
    More so as she ages.
    Her birthday falls on the same day as mine, so I know how sentimental we Capricorns can be.
    You were certainly given a very special job...designing her Christmas stocking....and you did a real nice job of it.
    Thank you for sharing this special event...made my heart smile.
    GRANDMOTHER'S ROCK !!!!

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, Meredith. It appears you're having quite a time with your little dog this Christmas aren't you? I'm sure Milla would chew her stocking, too, if she could get her chubby little hands on it. ;-)

Florence, doesn't it just seem like we blink and they grow up? How old is your granddaughter now?

MsJean, I hope you enjoy lots of cuddling with your brand new granddaughter this Christmas! Being a Grandmother is a special privilege, isn't it?

Merry Christmas!

Anne

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    17 years ago

Anne, that baby looks like she needs kisses.

Of course she'll like/treasure the stocking in years to come.

I unpacked my own last week to take to my brothers Christmas morning - yes, we still do stockings for all.
    Mine isn't nearly so pretty as hers, but it's been with me more than 50 years and I'm not likely to be trading it in :) I'm sure she'll feel the same

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Morz8, you sound like my DH. His old flannel Christmas stocking (circa 1950) is very small and very tired, but he refuses to hear about either replacement or remodeling. It's the one Christmas tradition he's had his whole life and by golly, he's keeping it! :-)

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    17 years ago

Very much like your DH. My stocking is circa 1949, I was 3 months old Christmas that year :) It's small, tired but still wears its bell....I love it.

• carla17
    17 years ago

Anne, the stocking is adorable and those articles really are meaningful when we get older. I still treasure thing my Gmother made for me.

Carla

• trishaw
    17 years ago

Anne that is so adorable! I am 41 years old and I still use the stocking that was made for me at that age- It will part of her holiday tradtions forever.

Trish