Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter Walk Train Show etc.

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 22, 07 at 23:04

it's taken a week to pull these together I went up To The NY Botanical Gardens Train Show last week I stayed only 15 minutes in the actual show far too many frantic parents and i'ts pretty much the same show rearranged every year I went twice last year and may go again on a weekday before it's over. The Ellis Island in the lagoon was impressive as is the fact that everything is made from plant materials. The creator grew up in Kentucky and learned how to make all his train models from the woods around him. A few shots are from last year. There is also a gingerbread house dispaly in the childrens gardens along with educational instruction on spices and how to make gingerbread. The golden crabapple was magnificent though the roads around it were treacherous so much so that I had half the 250 acres to myself for the day...bliss.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter and train show

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter Walk Train Show etc.

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 23, 07 at 11:45

Joe, once again, thanks for sharing your talent and your day.

I love your crab photos, especially the one above - I could display that one framed. Completely love it. My second fav was Golden Feast Again with the finch, makes me want to hand that little guy a napkin :)

Happy Holidays!

o

They're beautiful Joe :) Ellis Island is my favorite. I'm surprised that this isn't a current hobby of mine because I love the miniature-ness of it and making it look real...

o

Joe---I always look forward to your photographs---

the Empire state building is impressive--

I hope it snows in NYC this year because I love your pictures.

Florence

o

I enjoy the Golden Feast too, and Ellis Island. Thanks for posting

o

I saved your photos to enjoy later. Always magical Joe.

Carla

o

Joe, Thanks again for posting your wonderful pictures. I love the picture of the cardinal, esp. since we don't have any here in Oregon. Happy New Year to you and Edd.
Fondly,
Kathy

o

Yeah the cardinals and finches are all sweet it's having to pass the geese thats somtimes iffy they will come after you. The ones up here are not afraid of people!

o

Joe, I am totally humbled. I have never seen so much beautiful photography in one album as this.

You have amazing talent. The pictures are ALL awesome yet totally different to each other.

I am wondering if some are actually taken of pictures. I am just too mind boggled to take it in that you were able to take pictures of these amazing scenes!

I know one thing for sure is that you work your camera completely manually which totally blows my mind also. Anyway as you can tell I am awe struck.

Thank you so much for sharing. They really are fabulous.
Pauline - Vancouver Island

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here