Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Pink Floribundas

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

I've already touched on this topic some on this forum, but was wondering of the three pink floribundas I have listed below, which is the best? I would like some opinions. I want something that is quick to repeat. Other suggestions are OK too. I have Belinda's Dream and love it, but I want something that has fewer petals.

Sexy Rexy
Gene Boerner
Our Lady of Guadalupe

Comments (7)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I can't compare the three, but I can assure you that Lady of Guadalupe is one of the best pink floribundas out there--floriferous, good rebloom, good bs resistance. And pretty.

Here she is:
    {{gwi:214264}}

I strongly recommend her.

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Definitely OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE. Best repeat, best blooms, most floriferous. SEXY REXY, for me only blooms once in awhile and not many blooms. Could be the crappy soil. But other roses near it bloom lots, so who knows. GENE BOERNER is on the other side of the fence from OLOG, and it only blooms maybe twice and not a lot of blooms. But they are quite lovely.

OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE
    {{gwi:214265}}

GENE BOERNER - as you can see it gets BS also
    {{gwi:214266}}

Don't have a recent pic of SEXY REXY.

• lesmc
    10 years ago

I would love to know where I can find OLOG. I lost her two years ago and I was sick about it. This rose was wonderful. Always in bloom,healthy and beautiful. I had her in a pot and it got water-logged while I was on vacation. I really miss this rose. Get it if you can! lesley

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

the only place I know where you can get Our Lady of Guadalupe is Jackson & Perkins. But I haven't searched to see if it is offered elsewhere. I vaguely remember a half dozen years ago that I bought my Lady from J & P back then also.

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone, nice pictures. Sounds like OLOG is a really good rose, I think I'm convinced. The only place I could find it available besides Jackson & Perkins is from K&M Roses, they list it anyway. Their roses are on Fortuniana root stock

• grambu
    10 years ago

Hi Lesley, I have just ordered OLOG from Jackson Perkins. they are the only ones I have found it listed.
    Maybe we will both grow outstanding lovely pink roses.
    Judith

• susan9santabarbara
    10 years ago

Tough call for me between OLOG and Sexy Rexy. I've grown Sexy Rexy for >12 years, and it blooms like crazy (lots of blooms with each flush and repeats very well). I finally got OLOG about 3 years ago, after circling it for years, and love it very much. Sexy Rexy is a more true pink, and has more petals and substance. Its blooms are flatter than OLOG. OLOG is a lighter pink, but has more classic HT form upon opening (less flat). It repeats very well, and while the blooms don't last as long as Sexy Rexy, they last well. Since you're in OK, you might want to check zone hardiness to make the choice. Like I said, tough call since they're both great roses for me.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!