Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Itchy Picture Time

Posted by harryshoe z6easternPA (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 14:46

I just came across this picture which reminded me that I have reached the point where winter has lost its charm. I'm itchin' for Spring...

Photobucket

Do you have a picture that makes you crazy for that first flush?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Itchy Picture Time

My goodness thats gorgeous!!! I know how you feel. Unfortunately all my spring pics from last year are on my old computer that I never get on. Please post us more to get through the rest of this DRRREARY weather. Thanks, Judy

o

That could or should be a painting! One I would gaze upon and enjoy every single day. I must admit , my rose garden has never looked like that. Your garden is so beautiful and I miss spring so much too. Thank you for posting this picture and I hope others will post, too. I don`t know how or I`d post one of my garden. Not as lush as yours, but my own little passion! Thanks so much. Lesley

o

Daffodils

This is my favorite. I planted around 550 tulip, and daffodil bulbs and 30 oriental lillies last fall and cannot wait till they and ones from years past come up again.

o

That is so beautiful!!

I am itchy to do my roses bigtime this year. I pretty much took a couple of years off because of school. It's over and I'm ready for a great garden year :)

o

I'm so itchy I think I could scratch myself to death, I cannot wait till spring! Your picture is so wonderful and lovely to look at. I'm going to post a picture of my most favorite rose that I truly look forward to seeing every spring and if I had to only see one rose bloom it would be this one, Brigadoon.

Photobucket

o

Lovely! Could you tell us which rose is in the bottom right hand corner please? Thank you.

o

Oh yes, it is such a soggy rotting mess right now. Here is what I will see in 2-3 months--can I ever last?

Kathy

o

I agree-----I have several pictures that help me through the winter months-----I usually like winter but as I get older it seems to get longer---LOL----

Florence

o

So gorgeous, y'all :)

kathy9norcal, please can you tell me who is the peachy climber on your fence in the leftish part of the 1st pic?

And who is the mauve on the front corner of your house in the 2nd?

Wow :)

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 23:03

o
and one more thing

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 23:05

And Kathy and Florence and Ramblin, you guys know how to garden too!

o

Oof, I feel dizzy.
So much color so densely packed... gee, it's 1967 again.

Zeffyrose, your photo looks like Cinderella should pop out of those flowers.

I'm saving all of this to my clippings.
Renee

o
RE: Itchy Picture Time 2

Oh- Hoovb, isn't that the "Yeah, roses suck" photo?
I'm still laughing about that.

o

Oh!!! How glorious...these awesome photos are really making my heart sing! Thanks sooo much, guys. :)

Debbie

o

Actually, the weather's so bad here I'm just itching for enough sun to get me up and out to do my winter pruning. Nice photos, folks.
Melissa

o

Every year I have a lull during fall and winter. I feel like I am losing interest. Maybe its football season. Then I start looking at my pictures and checking out nursery sites. I just ordered some Siberian Iris this week. I even found some pictures from last summer that I didn't know I had. Here's one from last June of my patio with SdlM ready to flush:

Photobucket

o

Wow you guys!!! Your pictures are beautiful!! Its such a dreary day today here in Georgia and its sooo nice to see these gorgeous pictures. Thanks for brightening my day, Judy

o

Here's one of mine.
Zeffy

What it looked like a few weeks ago.
Photobucket

Eric

o

These photos really do lift my fallen spirits. They are amazing. My climber is Joseph's Coat and the mauve rose is Angel Face, in back of mini Sachet.
Kathy

o

Am really enjoying the pictures. Thanks, Harry, for this post. :)

o

• Posted by jont1 Midwest 5b/6a (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 24, 10 at 5:25

Great photos all.
If these don't inspire you to wish for Spring, something is very wrong with you!!!
Thanks for the photos.
John

o

Cincy,

I enjoy the before and after shot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Renee-----I just went back for another peek at all these lovely pictures and if you check my first picture you can find Cinerella popping up in the back corner---it is one of my DH' "find Flo" pictures---LOL LOL I didn't realize it was one of those until I checked again------LOL

Florence

o

I like the "before" and "after" pics too. It shows you how winter is so dreadful...is there any use for winter? ugh!

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 24, 10 at 15:41

I'm with Melissa. I just want enough daylight hours (and no rain) to be able to get out there and finish up my winter pruning! I'm not even 1/10th thru the 1600+ roses. I'm sooo sick of winter. And altho I know we "need" the rain... I'm SICK of it!! This is the first day in over a week that it hasn't rained. And I imagine it's going to start up again tonight. Auuggghhhh!!!!

I love everyone's pictures! It's so nice to see yard shots! I don't have that many.

Here's a couple tho:
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I miss my Japanese Maples

and the tree peonies

the lilies

and the irises

and of course the roses...

I can't wait for spring to get here!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here