Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harryshoe

Itchy Picture Time

I just came across this picture which reminded me that I have reached the point where winter has lost its charm. I'm itchin' for Spring...

{{gwi:212550}}

Do you have a picture that makes you crazy for that first flush?

Comments (25)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

My goodness thats gorgeous!!! I know how you feel. Unfortunately all my spring pics from last year are on my old computer that I never get on. Please post us more to get through the rest of this DRRREARY weather. Thanks, Judy

• lesmc
    14 years ago

That could or should be a painting! One I would gaze upon and enjoy every single day. I must admit , my rose garden has never looked like that. Your garden is so beautiful and I miss spring so much too. Thank you for posting this picture and I hope others will post, too. I don`t know how or I`d post one of my garden. Not as lush as yours, but my own little passion! Thanks so much. Lesley

• russellmuegge
    14 years ago

{{gwi:218596}}

This is my favorite. I planted around 550 tulip, and daffodil bulbs and 30 oriental lillies last fall and cannot wait till they and ones from years past come up again.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    14 years ago

That is so beautiful!!

I am itchy to do my roses bigtime this year. I pretty much took a couple of years off because of school. It's over and I'm ready for a great garden year :)

• ramblinrosez7b
    14 years ago

I'm so itchy I think I could scratch myself to death, I cannot wait till spring! Your picture is so wonderful and lovely to look at. I'm going to post a picture of my most favorite rose that I truly look forward to seeing every spring and if I had to only see one rose bloom it would be this one, Brigadoon.

{{gwi:218597}}

• growing2010
    14 years ago

Lovely! Could you tell us which rose is in the bottom right hand corner please? Thank you.

• kathy9norcal
    14 years ago

Oh yes, it is such a soggy rotting mess right now. Here is what I will see in 2-3 months--can I ever last?

{{gwi:212500}}

{{gwi:218598}}
    Kathy

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

I agree-----I have several pictures that help me through the winter months-----I usually like winter but as I get older it seems to get longer---LOL----
    {{gwi:218599}}

{{gwi:218600}}

{{gwi:203464}}

Florence

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    14 years ago

So gorgeous, y'all :)

kathy9norcal, please can you tell me who is the peachy climber on your fence in the leftish part of the 1st pic?

And who is the mauve on the front corner of your house in the 2nd?

Wow :)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    14 years ago

harry and russell, awesome and inspriring photos! You guys know how to garden.

I've posted this before, sorry if it's a rerun but it inspires me!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    14 years ago

And Kathy and Florence and Ramblin, you guys know how to garden too!

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Oof, I feel dizzy.
    So much color so densely packed... gee, it's 1967 again.

Zeffyrose, your photo looks like Cinderella should pop out of those flowers.

I'm saving all of this to my clippings.
    Renee

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Oh- Hoovb, isn't that the "Yeah, roses suck" photo?
    I'm still laughing about that.

• dove_song
    14 years ago

Oh!!! How glorious...these awesome photos are really making my heart sing! Thanks sooo much, guys. :)

Debbie

• melissa_thefarm
    14 years ago

Actually, the weather's so bad here I'm just itching for enough sun to get me up and out to do my winter pruning. Nice photos, folks.
    Melissa

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Every year I have a lull during fall and winter. I feel like I am losing interest. Maybe its football season. Then I start looking at my pictures and checking out nursery sites. I just ordered some Siberian Iris this week. I even found some pictures from last summer that I didn't know I had. Here's one from last June of my patio with SdlM ready to flush:

{{gwi:213837}}

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

Wow you guys!!! Your pictures are beautiful!! Its such a dreary day today here in Georgia and its sooo nice to see these gorgeous pictures. Thanks for brightening my day, Judy

• cincy_city_garden
    14 years ago

Here's one of mine.
    {{gwi:210184}}

What it looked like a few weeks ago.
    {{gwi:218603}}

Eric

• kathy9norcal
    14 years ago

These photos really do lift my fallen spirits. They are amazing. My climber is Joseph's Coat and the mauve rose is Angel Face, in back of mini Sachet.
    Kathy

• holleygarden Zone 8, East Texas
    14 years ago

Am really enjoying the pictures. Thanks, Harry, for this post. :)

• jont1
    14 years ago

Great photos all.
    If these don't inspire you to wish for Spring, something is very wrong with you!!!
    Thanks for the photos.
    John

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cincy,

I enjoy the before and after shot.

{{gwi:218605}}

{{gwi:218606}}

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Renee-----I just went back for another peek at all these lovely pictures and if you check my first picture you can find Cinerella popping up in the back corner---it is one of my DH' "find Flo" pictures---LOL LOL I didn't realize it was one of those until I checked again------LOL

Florence

• ramblinrosez7b
    14 years ago

I like the "before" and "after" pics too. It shows you how winter is so dreadful...is there any use for winter? ugh!

• bethnorcal9
    14 years ago

I'm with Melissa. I just want enough daylight hours (and no rain) to be able to get out there and finish up my winter pruning! I'm not even 1/10th thru the 1600+ roses. I'm sooo sick of winter. And altho I know we "need" the rain... I'm SICK of it!! This is the first day in over a week that it hasn't rained. And I imagine it's going to start up again tonight. Auuggghhhh!!!!

I love everyone's pictures! It's so nice to see yard shots! I don't have that many.

Here's a couple tho:
    {{gwi:218607}}

{{gwi:218608}}

I miss my Japanese Maples
    {{gwi:218609}}

and the tree peonies
    {{gwi:218610}}

the lilies
    {{gwi:218611}}

and the irises
    {{gwi:218612}}

and of course the roses...