Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rose video

Posted by dan_keil_cr Illinois z5 (dankeil_1@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 17:27

If you all would like to see a rose video that was filmed in my yard last June, and would like some basic rose information
go to utube.com. Type in Decatur Roses

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rose video

I found that video last summer in my search for info on better ways to grow roses, but didn't realize *that* Dan is the same as *this* Dan. I can only say thank you! From what I learned on the Miniature Rose forum, and watching your video again, I have a better understanding of the small roses now. You're very knowledgeable-and your rose beds are very pretty. I do wish someone would invent Smell-O-Vision!
LynnT

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 19:37

It's a great video, Dan, and your garden is beautiful!

o

That was really enjoyable to watch, Dan. Thank you so much for sharing. (And that soil of yours when you dug in to stick the cutting was impressively rich!)

o

Thanks for sharing your video, very enjoyable. Love your roses!

o

That rich soil is 18 years of wooden mulch breaking down. My soil drains well! A few days before they were at my house we had about 8" of rain. It was still very soggy. In fact I mentioned the wetness several times in that video. It was a blast to do it. I met Mark, we walked around the yard and he asked me questions. We went back out from and we started shooting. My mind was whirring trying to think clearly while my knees were knocking. It did turn out well and it will be around for years.
I'm going to take that rose to Mark in the spring!

o

Great information and entertaining. Loved the photograph of you next to the rose bush. Glad you added the history of your love for roses.

o

Now you know where I get it from! My dad may have had 6-8 roses. If he were alive he's be shocked to see all of my plants.

o

Thank you for sharing! Your roses are beautiful and you make starting a new plant from cutting look so easy. Thank you again!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here