Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottfam125

Wanting to add more ruffled roses to my beds!

Please post pics of your ruffled roses please please pretty please. Not really interested in reds oranges or yellows. Thanks a bunch!! Judy

Comments (27)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I may have more than these two, but I need to get dinner going. So for starters, there are Angel Face and Augusta Luise. Others I have are Memorial Day, Easy Does It, and Dainty Bess which can be fairly ruffled. Here's Angel Face. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Now here's Augusta Luise. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Forgot about Wild Blue Yonder, which is ruffled part of the time. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Judy - Here is a picture of LOVE SONG - It's the only one I can think of that I have.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Here's one that blooms pastel yellow, pink, and ivory--depending on the age of the blooms--all three colors often appearing at once--and nice and ruffly!

Easter Basket (floribunda)
    {{gwi:221709}}

In addition to being pretty, it is BS-resistant and about 3x3.

Kate

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

It's a smaller plant (at least in our area) but Echo Baby Tausendschon is lovely! Here's a picture from a few years ago :)
    {{gwi:221711}}From Lavender's Garden

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

I have several ruffled ones. The first to come to mind were Just Joey, Bronze Star and Easy Does it, but those may be a bit orangey for you. Here are some lavender, purples and pinks instead:

Outta the Blue

{{gwi:221713}}

Passionate Kisses

{{gwi:221715}}

Paris d'Yves St. Laurent

{{gwi:221716}}

Wild Blue Yonder

{{gwi:221717}}

Grand Dame (this one nods)

{{gwi:221718}}

Royal Amethyst

{{gwi:221719}}

{{gwi:221720}}

Singin' the Blues

{{gwi:221721}}

{{gwi:221722}}

Sweet Surrender

{{gwi:221723}}

Sweet Surrender with Peace (I love these two next to each other & Peace can be quite ruffled, but is definitely a yellow blend)

{{gwi:221724}}

And a couple of Whites:

Sugar Moon

{{gwi:221725}}

White Licorice (this one may have too much yellow for your liking, but it is a really good rose for me)

{{gwi:221726}}

{{gwi:221727}}

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

I don't have it any more but I loved the ruffles on this rose called Pleasure. Love Potion is ruffled sometimes but the other examples above are better. Love Potion has super fruit and rose fragrance like Angel Face does but sweeter, less fruit. More toward citrus like Sterling Silver. Pleasure's a nice looking plant and isn't too tall.

Here's a link for the picture since I didn't have one of my own.

Here is a link that might be useful: pleasure

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

I forgot to say that I have seen Royal Amethyst a few times at the Huntington and it is a beauty. My camera would not capture the rich color. The opening buds are some of the best.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

KittyâÂÂs right about Royal Amethyst. My pics donâÂÂt do it justice. I got it February 2013 for a couple of dollars on clearance (a leftover) at a nursery. It was badly cankered and looked terribleâ¦wasnâÂÂt sure it would make it. ItâÂÂs already become my favorite lavender and one of my favorite roses of any color now. It grew to almost 5 feet tall in a season, and bloomed just about non-stop from top to bottom, with the sweetest smelling, beautiful lavender blend flowers. Its blackspot resistance wasnâÂÂt great in my garden, but hoping that will improve now that it's no longer stressed. Definitely, the least wimpy lavender I've grown.

• User
    10 years ago

The most ruffly rose I know, although a semi-double, is the delightful Ripples, a Legrice rose from the early 70s.
    Jacqueline du Pre has that wavy-edged thing going.....but is not exactly flushed with health in my garden.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is Memorial Day. Fantastic scent. This is bud form.
    Carol

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is All American Magic. The flowers are about 3 1/2 inches wide I think.
    Carol

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is Gina Lollobrigida. No scent that

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

OOPS!! Sorry - forgot you didn't want yellows.

This is Paradise Found - pink blend. Fragrance is unique, strong and wonderful. This is one of my top 3 roses.
    Carol

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

This is Frederic Mistral. It's a large rose bush with fragrant roses.
    Carol

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

This is Perfume Delight. It, obviously has a delightful perfume. :)

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Chicago Peace is ruffly.
    Carol

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Queen of Sweden is ruffly. I love this rose.
    Carol

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Nicole Carol Miller is usually more lavender than this. Maybe the camera makes it look darker.
    Carol

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Tounament of Roses - sort of ruffled

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh dear! I see my rose obsession growing and growing! I have several of these already but will definitely be adding some more. You guys are awesome. I say every year "no more roses" but never listen to myself. Lol. I will be getting on HMF tomorrow to decide which babies I wanna add! Thanks so much!! Take care, Judy

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Oh dear! Another drool problem! Diane, that angel face...yum.

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Liv tyler!

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Just Joey..

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks y'all! Sooooooo pretty. Luv them all!

• Greg
    10 years ago

How has this thread made it this far without anyone mentioning one of my favorites, Yves Piaget? :-) Thought I had better pics of him, but here's what I have:

{{gwi:221728}}

{{gwi:221729}}