Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnette_gw

Adding more than one photo

lynnette
10 years ago

Some very clever people can put more than one photo on their postings. Alas I can't because I don't know how to do it. Can someone help explain?

Comments (5)

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

There are a couple of ways to do it.

#1. If you use tabs with your browser, open your picture hosting site, sign in and click in the grey area to the right, beyond, of that tab (that's how it looks in Opera - little recipe-box-looking file tabs sticking up across the top of the screen) to open another new tab - new screen appears, navigate to the Rose Forum, sign in and type name of 1st rose in the message box and press enter to start a new line. Now go back by clicking on the photo-hosting tab and copy the html address. Then click on the Rose Forum tab and paste on the line below the rose name. Go back and forth for each picture.

Since I mistrust cyberspace I open Notepad to copy all the HTML addresses (one at a time), with 2 spaces between each. I then type above each HTML the rose name and any comment. (I name my pics before uploading so that name is in the HTML address to keep me from getting mixed up.) When my Notepad document is finished I save it as, say, html roses 2013 jan2. (mistrust? yep)
    I then copy the entire page, using Notepad's menu or highlighting and a right click dialog box to choose copy. Now I go to the rose forum and paste the entire page in the Message box. When I preview the pics show up with the typed in names/comments. If it doesn't display properly I probably goofed and didn't copy the HTML Since my tab is still present I can switch back to Photobucket and check my Notepad data against Photobucket's data.

Only when I see my message posted do I sign out of Photobucket, close that tab by clicking on its X, and delete my Notepad .txt file. Or I keep the .txt file to know which pictures I've posted.

Lots of words but straightforward after you've done it. Cheers.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Lynnette, here's what one HTML entry looks like in Notepad.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I find that the easiest way is to get a free service like photobucket.com and upload your pics to it (its directions are easy to follow). Then, when you want to post a picture on this forum, click (maybe double-click) on the picture you want to use (a larger version will appear with some "codes" at the right); then click on the HTML CODE (it automatically SAVES the code when you click on it); next, come over here to the forum and PASTE the CODE in the Message box. Finally, click on PREVIEW--and you should see the pic.

You can type before and after the picture. Click on ENTER a couple times and repeat the process described above for another picture; and repeat as many times as you want for picture after picture.

There are other methods that by-pass the free service like photobucket.com--I do that, but it is a little more complicated. However, I used photobucket.com for years before that--it should do the job for you.

Hope that helps.

Kate

This post was edited by dublinbay on Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 14:08

• buford
    10 years ago

I use Facebook as a photo depository for most of my rose pics. I post them there anyway to brag :) . When I want to post a picture here, I do the following:

Open up the picture in FB.

Right click on the picture, a menu will pop up. You want to click on 'Inspect Element'.

A screen will appear at the bottom with a portion highlighted. This is the script you must copy and paste into a GW thread body. Right click on the highlighted area and click on 'Copy Inner HTML' or 'Outer HTML', it doesn't matter.

Paste that into a GW thread:

img style="width: 520px; height: 390px;" src="https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1397747_10151768534973316_772910428_o.jpg"; aria-busy="false" aria-describedby="fbPhotosSnowliftCaption" alt="" class="spotlight">

When you post it with the {{gwi:221918}}

You can then post multiple scripts in the post which will then become pictures:

{{gwi:221919}}

• lynnette
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm off to post more pics.