Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michael1846

glow in the dark rose

michael1846
10 years ago

I'm not trying yo advertise but I was searching the Internet and people have created a few species of glow in the dark plants!!!! You can pre order them and when I clicked pre order to see what plants they had and how much they cost, and I saw glowing rose. (I almost died) there were a few downsides though.its 150 $ and you can't get it till June 2015. BUT IT GLOWS!!! Do you guys think it's a great thing or it would be not a great thing I need your opinion.

Comments (7)

• joshtx
    10 years ago

Michael,

As a Biochemistry major, I can assure you that roses do not organically produce photoluminescent cells. I'm sorry to say you have stumbled across a scam.

Josh

• User
    10 years ago

yes, I have also heard of these glow in the dark plants (some sort of algae gene manipulation, I think. However, as far as I am concerned, we already have glow in the dark plants - anything in the pale blue, lilac, to white colours will always have that unearthly dusk glow (a few years ago, 'moon' gardens were all the rage, utilising just such colours).
    Personally, while I generally applaud scientific curiosity, I consider these sorts of things something of a ridiculous waste of time (despite claims to the contrary of aiding road safety or summat) and have zero interest in arsing about with nature since we, as a species, have form for messing things up irrevocably.

• michael1846
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I would get one if they weren't 150 $ I forgot how they did them it was with some algae like campa said but knowing my luck it would die in the first week.

• User
    10 years ago

I have, in fact, signed a petition requesting the withholding of funds from Kickstarter - the contemptible arrogance of these biohackers is disgusting. I wonder if these people would happily chomp on engineered meat or GM foods. They certainly have no conscience when it comes to inflicting this synthetic biology all over the US.
    For those craving novelty, please think a bit beyond the initial must have desires. This sort of thing has a deeper significance than mere aesthetics.

• plan9fromposhmadison
    10 years ago

My guess is that the "Glow-in-the-Dark-Rose" exists within the same dimension as the "Black Rose" you grow from seed.

Then again, I could be wrong. But if I AM wrong, then it's a sure thing that within a year or two of its becoming available, you will be able to pick it up at K-Mart and Home Depot, at an attractive price point. You'd feel like a fool, paying $150.00 today, for what you'd be able to buy at $19.95, in 2017

• michael1846
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Plan that's what I was thinking

• User
    10 years ago

glow in the dark roses? for those of you who enjoy the great m. atwood, looks like we are heading to the "year of the flood" sooner than we think.... did the saloon where toby hid out had those.
    next up, pigeon...