Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

My Valentine Rose Story!

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

I have to tell my Valentine Rose story! My DH wanted to surprise me with a dozen red roses. Why he wanted them delivered on the 13th instead of today (Valentine's Day) I don't know, but that's neither here nor there, it's the thought that counts. He ordered them from one of those places that deliver any where. He is visually impaired, so he can't just jump in the car and go to the local flower shop. Anyway, since it had gotten beyond the point that it wasn't going to be a surprise, he asked me about my flowers, of course I hadn't received them. He knew I hadn't at that point, I would have been ecstatic, he knew that. He had already checked his email and there were two different ladies, one in Texas and one in California who had received their red roses! At this point, I asked him if he wanted their (the flower place) phone number. He said I know their number, he is really good at remembering phone numbers and other numbers, etc. .Anyway, he was on the phone for what seemed like about 45 minutes with a nice young lady. I do believe they got it all straightened out. I am supposed to get my FREE Valentine roses on Tuesday, because Monday is President's Day! I am not upset, I am just so happy my sweetheart did something so thoughtful, more disappointed that it didn't work out for him the way it was supposed. to. I was proud of the way he handled it over the phone. He wished the young lady a "Happy Valentine's Day" at the end of the conversation. It's just one of those things, don't know how it happened, but it's something we can laugh about and remember every Valentine's Day!

Comments (7)