Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19773911

the best orange and yellow bi-color roses

User
15 years ago

Gee, the orange rose thread was lotsa fun! I can't resist starting another one - any suggestions for true orange and yellow bicolor rose for my orange and yellow garden? I suspect that I will be planting more than one or two roses there...

thanks abunch,

Avalon

Comments (19)

• the_morden_man
    15 years ago

Pat Austin for the win. :)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    15 years ago

'Brass Band':
    {{gwi:224992}}

• celeste/NH
    15 years ago

WOW...That Brass Band is spectacular! Oh, if only I could grow a modern rose that size in zone 4!

Here's some pics of my orange-yellow blends from last summer. All this 'sunshine' sure helps with the winter blues!

Celeste

MORDEN SUNRISE....MY FAVORITE

{{gwi:224993}}

DREAM COME TRUE....

{{gwi:224994}}

BONANZA....

{{gwi:224995}}

RAINBOW NIAGARA....

{{gwi:224996}}

TUSCAN SUN....

{{gwi:224997}}

ABOUT FACE....

{{gwi:224998}}

CINCO DE MAYO....

{{gwi:225000}}

MARDI GRAS....

{{gwi:225001}}

TOM BROWN....

{{gwi:225002}}

HALLOWEEN....

{{gwi:225003}}

PLAYGOLD, MINIATURE.....

{{gwi:225004}}

• peachiekean
    15 years ago

Gail, what are feeding that Brass Band??? It's gorgeous!
    My faves:

Julie Newmar
    {{gwi:225005}}

{{gwi:225006}}

{{gwi:225007}}

Morden Sunrise
    {{gwi:225008}}

Brass Band
    {{gwi:225009}}

{{gwi:225011}}

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    15 years ago

My choice would be an old tea rose, Rosette Delizy, which I think is incredibly beautiful, and which in my estimation no modern rose can touch in terms of beauty and lushness of coloring among the bicolored roses.

• barbarag_happy
    15 years ago

Playboy and Westerland. If a very soft orange qualifies, I still love Folklore but for me if was a skyscraper rose just like Abe Lincoln. I have never grown it, but Pat Austin had vivid wonderful color even in the hot Texas sun. Gorgeous shrub. LOVE these colors@

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    15 years ago

How about these grandifloras? The first is Caribbean.

{{gwi:225013}}

This one does quite well for me, the always pretty Glowing Peace.

{{gwi:225015}}

And the winner of the wow, the magnificent Boulie's Dream, which in this picture is a bit taller than me and flopped onto the bird feeder.

{{gwi:225017}}

• suzyr
    15 years ago

Ok! I'll play, You know I have a orange yellow and red fence , I'll try to stick specifically to what you've asked for , note I do not have pastel roses in this area.

{{gwi:225018}}
    Leonidas
    {{gwi:225019}}
    Wildfire
    {{gwi:225020}}
    Charisma
    {{gwi:225021}}
    Novelty -had a hard time capturing color on this one looks pink but it isn't
    {{gwi:225022}}
    Octoberfest- this pic doesn't really do this rose justice when you see brite pics of this rose believe it! I had just moved this rose before the move the blooms positively glowed an had beautiful form.
    any others I could recomend have red included in the colors.
    SuzyQ

• katefisher
    15 years ago

Rainbow's End

{{gwi:225023}}

This was here when we bought our house. I've often wondered who it is. Regardless its a good bloomer and very healthy.

{{gwi:225024}}

A favorite of mine, Joseph's Coat

{{gwi:225026}}

Kate

• sachow
    15 years ago

Perfect Moment is the perfect rose to grab your attention from across the yard.

{{gwi:225028}}

Samina

• C Schaffner
    15 years ago

I don't have one yet, but my favorite is oranges n lemons

• jaxondel
    15 years ago

My favorite orange & yellow HT last season was one that is relatively new to my garden -- 'Las Vegas'.

• sunnishine
    15 years ago

how about bolchoi or condesa de sastago

• jont1
    15 years ago

Octoberfest, Oranges-N-Lemons, Dream Come True, and Autumn Splendor (mini-fl) are my favorite Orange blend roses.
    John

• tenor_peggy
    15 years ago

The mini Hot Tamale is nice. The old tea Clementina Carboneiri is another good one but tender.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all so much for the wonderful photos and great suggestions. Based on appearance alone, I would have way too much trouble deciding which ones to get. I'll have to research them all to determine which ones can stand the climate here, so I suppose that will ultimately be the criterion that will gratefully take the decision out of my hands!
    thanks again,
    Avalon

• greenhaven
    15 years ago

Kate, I think your middle rose is a Chihuly. I thought I posted with some pics here a couple days ago, but I don't see my post??? I'll try again.

I think Chihuky is just lovely, even though I don't relly like ornage roses, neither do i care for bi-colors. But this one is a beauty, and all the guys here love it, so it stays. Pretty clean and vigorous in its first year, too.

• greenhaven
    15 years ago

{{gwi:225030}}

{{gwi:225032}}

• greenhaven
    15 years ago

The hybrid tea Yankee Doodle:

{{gwi:225034}}