RE: Easy Does It

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 10, 14 at 11:31

Great color!

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 10, 14 at 13:37

Me love it too. Always, always blooming. I have one that has sported golden flowers too. (There on the right side).

photo a06978_zpsafca74a7.jpg

o

I recently bought 3 of these. Lovely, but they need to be sprayed here. I can live with that.
Nancy

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 20:30

Mine lacked vigor. Although it put off many blooms on stubby little shoots, it never sported any new basils or larger secondary canes during our long growing season. It barely survived our winter, and next year it struggled to recover with only 1 tiny little green cane that never did much. I put it out of its misery. I've heard other reports about the bush vigor problem, but everyone including myself, thinks it has a lot of bloom power on what growth it does produce.......Maryl

o

I'm surprised to hear of vigor issues with this rose. I cut mine back to around 2 ft every winter, and by end of growing season, it's always back to at least 6 ft with many new canes (picture is from early August and that's a 6 ft fence behind it). It also has very little blackspot here in our humidity even without spraying. I believe mine is grafted on Dr. Huey, but I can't remember...some of my roses in the "Easy" group are own root and some grafted, but all are very vigorous here.

o

I've had great luck with Easy Does It , too. Strong, vigorous shrub always covered with blooms, a little black spot in my no spray garden, but always a beautiful rose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here