Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanadoll_gw

Is This Online Rose Seller a Front for Somebody Else?

nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
12 years ago

I've been curious about an outfit out of Beaver, Dam, Wisconsin, which sells roses on a major auction site. They go by the name auctioneersbd, and they offer some very choice and hard to get roses, such as Twilight Zone, which I am currently watching. Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad? Who REALLY are these people? I am dying of curiosity! Diane

Comments (50)

• karl_bapst_rosenut
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

How about a link?

• karl_bapst_rosenut
    12 years ago

I googled "auctioneersbd". There are many comments, some good and others, not so good.
    I often wonder why people don't Google these things? One can find out so much about them on Google.

• kstrong
    12 years ago

They sell end of season leftovers. All the varieties they have are also on the Edmunds site. Whatever didn't sell on Edmunds real site, ends up on Ebay under that name. I don't know if Edmunds is selling these plants to someone who resells them on ebay, or if it is Edmunds own staff that does that. I've bought from auctioneersbd in the past, and the roses had probably been in the cooler a bit long when I got them. Most survived, but took a year or so to catch up with usual roses from the same season. One died, and they replaced that one for me that following season. So, I guess I will report that they are legit, and okay to deal with.

Kathy

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for your replies. I've watched auctioneersbd for about three years, and I was figuring that the stuff they were selling was excess inventory of some well known seller until they put on Twilight Zone which is a brand new rose. It just didn't seem like it would be last season's stock to me.
    I'm a long time buyer and seller on this auction site, and well versed in their feedback system, and I know it isn't always the best way to get info about the seller. That's why I didn't bother to Google it.

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Weird thing is their roses are even more expensive than Edmunds. While not the biggest Edmunds fan, I would still buy from Edmunds before them...

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They don't charge for shipping, and that's what makes them a little cheaper. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just checked Edmunds, and Twilight Zone sells there for $21.95, plus shipping. At auctionersbd the starting bid is $19.99, no shipping costs. So far, the max price it's gone for is about $23. There is no minimum number of roses you have to buy. Don't know if Edmunds has a minimum. Diane

• TNY78
    12 years ago

I had vouchers from last year from Edmunds from 3 failed roses, and I ended up ordering 6 roses total from them this year. At the time I ordered them last fall, they were offering free shipping for orders over $50, so I easily met that. If they don't sell out, they'll probably reduce Twilight Zone late spring.

I ordered Twilight Zone from S&W Greenhouse for this spring and it was 16.95, but it looks like they've sold out unfortunetly.

Tammy

• kittymoonbeam
    12 years ago

Ebay takes money in fees so maybe they are trying to compensate for it. If the seller offers free shipping, then ebay gets money off the whole total price including shipping. some people like to buy there because they want to use paypal.

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

Thanks for the Heads-up on this one guys! I'm not much of an "Ebayer" but I just had to bid on one of this person's offerings.... DARK NIGHT! I won the bid tonight!! Yippee! The one I got from Edmunds last yr never broke dormancy, and they were supposed to replace it, but as we all know, they don't have it this yr. I just hope I get the real rose from this person!!

• lucillle
    12 years ago

I looked at their ads and they have this request

WE ARE ALSO REQUESTING THAT YOU LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK RIGHT AFTER THE AUCTION IS DONE. THE REASON FOR THIS IS BY THE TIME THE ROSE CAN GET SHIPPED OUT THE TIME TO LEAVE FEEDBACK WILL BE DONE.

This smells like tuna to me. It means that those who come after you, if you do this, cannot actually gauge what kind of seller this is.

• roseseek
    12 years ago

Yes, and no. If you have a week for positive feedback and the plant won't be shipped for two months, then it's valid.

• lucillle
    12 years ago

And if the plant is a dog, you've misled your fellow rosarians. If delayed feedback is a problem, it should be addressed with the Ebay admins.

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

I just got an email last week that my DARK NIGHT rose was sent out Feb 26. Should arrive by tomorrow, I hope! The original listing said that it would be shipped out in April. So, I'm glad it's coming now. I'll post pics when I get it!

• Not4Auctioneer
    11 years ago

May 27, 2012

Over here we're not for "auctioneersbd". How come? We've sadly had a negative experience with Ben, who runs this Ebay (and Facebook) business out of the Randolph/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin area. We are posting this information here, because it is our civic duty to help improve business practices and to help others decide who to do business with.

We are long time Ebay customers with the highest of ratings. And we have never had such trouble with an Ebay seller in our many years of buying on Ebay. We contacted other dissatisfied customers of Ben's via the feedback listed on his Ebay website called "auctioneersbd". Here is list of why he has many dissatisfied customers.

1. He often does not send live and high quality plants (as advertized) and that customers paid for. Many plants are "end of the season" or are leftovers not sold in person for good reason.

2. Plants that are paid for do not arrive at all.

3. He does not respond fast enough or not at all to inquiries about orders.

4. When he does respond to late orders, he often apparently misleads or makes promises he does not keep. For eg. He says he will send orders out, but then no tracking orders are sent, and the orders never arrive. He claims that the United States Post damages boxes of plants sent out so they were returned to him.

5. Some people receive a full refund because they filed for one within the Ebay 45-day time span. In our case, because we trusted Ben and waited in good faith, our 45-day time limit to receive a refund passed by. We waited because when we inquired about our roses, he said they will be shipped "next week". They never arrived. Because we are past the 45-day refund period, and Ben appears to be running a shady business, we may be filing a complaint with the United States Internet Fraud Department. An Ebay customer service representative advised us to do this. We are currently awaiting to find out what Ben will do with our recent order before filing a complaint with the federal government.

6. Ben does business in a shoddy and shady way that incites suspicions. Here is just one example of a poor business practice: on his Ebay website he asks people to give him positive feedback without first receiving items.

At the time of this writing, it is May and when going to his Ebay website, he is not currently selling any items out of his Ebay store. But we can still see Feedback information - which is questionable. For instance. we contacted one buyer who had given Positive Feedback prior to receiving his order, and who told us he was actually having trouble with his order later on.

Another example of his shoddy business practice is that when we did finally receive most of our roses, he did not send a packing slip with them. There is no written proof of what he did or did not send us.

FYI: Ben's business is seperate from but he collaborates with Bob or the folks at "Edmunds' Roses". Edmunds' Roses also apparently owns "Jung Seed Company". Both of these businesses are located in Randolph, WI. Plants mailed out by Ben, at this time, can have one or the other business labels on them: either "Jung Seed Co" or "Edmunds' Roses". By the way, we managed to figure out how to reach Ben through Edmunds' Roses because of the information on this website. Thank you for sharing this kind of information.

You can call Bob at "Edmunds' Roses" and tell him your situation - when or if you have one. We did this and he had Ben call us right away. Ben said he was surprised "Edmonds' Roses" called him. He said he didn't know they had his phone number. A note: Bob said Ben uses their Edmunds' Roses labels but has a seperate business. FYI: We finally did receive most of our questionably healthy roses, and the return label read" Jung Seed Co in Randolph, WI".

Here is some background information of why we are even on this website:
    We ordered and paid for roses 3 months prior, but sadly they never came. When we inquired a few times about our order via Ebay emails, and in finally talking to Ben over the phone, he said he had sent our order to us, but it was returned because workers at the United States Postal damaged the boxes. He said he didn't want us to receive damaged roses.

He also said he didn't want us to think he was scamming us, and that his mission is to have returning customers. But when we asked him for the specific address of the United States office he mailed our roses from - we would like to find out how & why the post office workers damaged our roses - he did not provide us the address of the post office where our roses were sent from.

Over the phone we asked Ben to send our roses via UPS and he said there is not an UPS service in the area. UPS went out of business there, but that he could send them via FedEx. He said the plants were "good to go".

We finally did receive a FedEx tracking number but it arrived two days later than he said he would get it to us, (and almost 3 months after our purchase). He said he had not been feeling well so he didn't send our order out until two days after our phone call. Four days after that, in May, which is too late in the season for roses, most of our roses arrived via the United States Post Office combined interestingly with FedEx-services.

While most of the roses had small buds and/or about 1-2 inches of new growth, some roses in our order were missing, and the rest had no new growth on them at all. One arrived without a label. Several appeared dead. He also did not send any shipping slip that listed plants he sent us.

Next, we sent Ben a request through Ebay to send us our missing roses and we asked him about how to handle the apparently dead roses he sent us. We also stated that if he does not come through to complete our transaction fairly, we will do as Ebay customer service recommended - file a claim with the US Internet Fraud Dept due to his suspicious business practices.

At the time of this writing, we are waiting from a reply from Ben, but based on our experience with him, we will be surprised if he replies. He appears to back off and avoid communication when confronted with requests from customers.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Our final analysis in doing business with auctioneersbd is based on the result of our negative experience with Ben over a currently three months time period in Spring of 2012. Currently, we recommend not doing business with "auctioneersbd" and/or with Ben at all at this time, or at least not until his business practices improve. We also recommend not doing business with Edmunds' Roses or with Jung Seed Company as long as they are in collaboration with Ben at this time. All three businesses: "Edmunds' Roses", "Jung Seed Co" and "auctionneersbd" are located out of the Randolph, Wisconsin area, and all are in collaboration with each other.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Again, as we stated at the beginning of this post, it is our civic duty to help improve business practices and to help others decide who to do business with. We will return to this website, as there will be more information to provide in the future. For instance, there will be a follow-up on whether or not Ben comes through on replacing the apparently dead or non-thriving roses he sent us, and sending us our two missing roses. We may even receive a refund. We may or may not decide to file a complaint with the U.S. Internet Fraud Dept. Our decision depends on whether Ben takes responsibility for completing our transaction honestly & fairly by June 1st, 2012.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

I've been so busy with stuff non-gardening related I haven't had much time to get on here. I feel like a total idiot for ordering from this fraudulent jerk. He has done exactly as you said... says the order is going out, or the mailers damaged packages, or its going out next week, keeps putting me off. I knew he probably didn't have DARK NIGHT. I was just hoping he did just because I wanted the stupid rose so much. I guess it's too late for me to get EBay to force him to return my money now, but I sure hope you guys get him and get him GOOD! Keep us posted!

• mnkitty
    11 years ago

I got totally ripped off by auctioneersbd.

At the end of the season, year before last, I won 5 WS roses. I did receive my roses, but they were the wrong ones. Of course, I didn't find that out 'til they bloomed which was a long time later. I contacted them or him and was told that since it was so late in the season he would gladly send me my roses, all fresh and good, next spring. Of course with all his replies, he signed God Bless. Foolishly, I agreed.

The next spring, last year, I contacted him. I had saved all of our e-mails which I needed to send to him because he couldn't remember anything. I contacted him several times, and he kept putting me off. Finally, he said he shipped my roses. So, I waited longer. They never arrived.

DON'T ORDER FROM AUCTIONEERSBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Maude80
    11 years ago

Hmmmmm, Last month I ordered from him and everything went smoothly. I ordered Paris D'Yves Saint Laurent, a hybrid tea. It came packaged well, and it's now in my garden doing well. I hope it's actually the right rose.

Maude

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

I ordered from him twice last year for 1 Barbra Streisand and 2 Purple Tigers. They all came fine with no problems. With Barbra Streisand I got a Rainbow Knockout for free, and ended up with 4 Purple Tigers instead of just the two. Granted, the two extra were practically dead. They all arrived in a box stamped "Edmund's Roses." As of today the Barbra Streisand and both Purple Tigers are doing just fine (I gave away the knockout).

I was a little skeptical about Dark Night since it's not available anywhere else. Sucks that he didn't actually have it. :(

11 years ago

^ Having said all of that... I just looked at their recent feedback and it's gotten pretty bad. I don't remember it being so shoddy last year! I guess it's sort of a gamble to order. Some people say it's great, and others say they either didn't get the rose, or they were DOA. I would certainly use caution.

• Not4Auctioneer
    11 years ago

Granted there is "Positive Feedback" on Ben's Ebay store but it is questionable. He unethically asks buyers to give him positive feedback before receiving their item(s). And some people have actually done this. (We did not leave any feedback at all by the way).

We contacted a buyer who left positive feedback prior to receiving his item and he replied he was now having trouble with Ben over his order too.

Here is his request that was copied and pasted from his store. "WE ARE ALSO REQUESTING THAT YOU LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK RIGHT AFTER THE AUCTION IS DONE. THE REASON FOR THIS IS BY THE TIME THE ROSE CAN GET SHIPPED OUT THE TIME TO LEAVE FEEDBACK WILL BE DONE."

By the way, we are out $130.65, and many hours of our precious time emailing Ben, tracking him down at Edmunds' Roses, talking to Ebay customer service representatives, deciding what to do, and reporting him here on iVillage GardenWeb.

FYI: If you believe you have been mislead and/or cheated out of your money, and you want to help protect other buyers, here is the internet address for the US Internet Fraud Dept: "IC3.gov". You may contact Ebay customer service at 866-877-3229 as well. This will be helpful in closing his store down or force him to improve his business practices. There is a growing number of cases being filed against him, but because of fake Positive Feedback, Ebay is not able to suppress his account at this time.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

A few weeks ago I sent him a message asking whether he really had DARK NIGHT because he still hadn't sent it out. This was 3-4 weeks after he last told me he was having "issues with the post office sending back damaged packages," but he would get it out "this week." I told him I'd rather have the rose than not, but if he didn't have it to refund my money. He answered back that he did indeed have the rose and would get it out "right away." (again) Here it is another 2 weeks later and still no rose. I sent him a message last night saying I know he's a fraud and to refund my money NOW!

He responded today saying if he was a fraud why would EBay allow him to stay there, and to look at all the positive feedback he's got. He says he has this "giant cooler full of plants" and he's still having issues with the post office. Then he tells me he's going to issue me a refund, block my emails and blacklist me from EBay so I can't make any more purchases!!! He also tells me he hopes I "have fun trying to find the roses I want when he's the only one who will have them!" LOL Whatever! I sent him back a message telling him (among other things) I'm not holding my breath waiting for my refund. Luckily I'm only out $32. What a jerk!

• Not4Auctioneer
    11 years ago

Hi Beth. So sorry to hear about what happened to you too. And yet I applaud your decision to confront Ben.

Please contact Ebay customer service at 866-877-3229, if you haven't already, please share word for word his most recent & unprofessional communication with someone there. Phone calls at Ebay customer are recorded, and your report will be transferred to their inspectors.
    Also Beth, if you haven't already, please let Ebay know that Ben requested positive feedback from buyers before receiving their items. This false feedback should not be allowed.

I don't know yet where who he selling his "giant cooler full of plants" to. Currently, he is not currently selling anything through auctioneersbd. Maybe he has a back log of plants to ship out?? Or he has another account he is selling from somewhere?? If anyone finds out anything more please do share it here.

Regarding his claims that it is the post office fault for shipping delays, I will attempt to locate the exact post office(s) he mails plants from. I will let them know Ben is claiming that workers in one of their facilities are the cause of his delays in delivering plants successfully. This may be true and I will ask if it is.

I will also be contacting the president of Jung Seed Company to find out if he is aware that Ben is using his company's name and address - because Ben's business practices are threatening Jung Seed's business reputation.
    I will return here with any kind of followup on the post office, and with Jung Seed.

Just a note to let everyone here know. I am known for being an exceptionally honest, fair and level-headed person. My posts here are straight and narrow. I would not be here if Ben had been fair and square in his dealings with us on Ebay. I appreciate good business practices, and I am sadden when I encounter careless & irresponsible business practices. I am especially concerned when we're dealing with living beings - like plants - that are being neglected & often die as a result -- and then are sold to unsuspecting customers.

• betsyw
    11 years ago

FWIW: Both eBay buyers and sellers have 60 days from the end of the listing to leave feedback. Were these roses going to take more than 2 months to deliver, according to the auction terms?

In any case, why would anyone leave positive feedback before receiving their roses? Or any eBay purchase, for that matter? Just creates a carpet of credibility. And this rug got pulled out from under a few people here, so I see.

I am sorry you were cheated. Sorrier still that eBay is citing this swindler's positive feedback as a reason not to axe him.

• Tammy Owens
    11 years ago

After following this seller for about two years I finally broke down and bid on "Big Momma" for 19.99 no shipping charges. I was told when I won the auction that I would receive the rose by a certain date, which was about 14 days. I waited until after the certain date had passed I contacted the seller. I received an email saying it was sent out that same day. However, a few days later I got another email saying that they had resolved their issues with the post office and were sending the rose out. 23 days after I won the auction I got the rose. The box was wet and soggy, the rose was bare root in a plastic bad with what looked like wet seaweed. It wasn't leafed out and the tips of the canes are now turning dark brown. I should have known when they suggested to leave feedback before the rose was received. I would never leave feedback before leaving an item. I usually only bid on one particular own root seller and have been satisfied with her roses for the last three years. Let's just this was a lesson learned. I won't bid again and wouldn't recommend anyone bid from this seller- AUCTIONEERSBD. But again as another poster says Buyer beware, do you're homework.

Tammy

• Not4Auctioneer
    11 years ago

This a followup:

But before I go on, I would to share some thoughts.

Ben may very well be a good person, but MAYBE financially struggling, as many of us are, due to the slump in the US economy. But there are wrinkles in how he is doing business that need to be ironed out -- and especially before he should be allowed to sell plants on Ebay.

We here too are financially struggling, yet we decided to splurge on creating a beautiful rose garden to help lift our spirits even more. And we want to help the bees out by providing flowers for them. Ben advertized that he was offering High-Quality, Grade AA roses and so we counted on him to deliver them to us. If Ben ran an effective and credible charity for preserving roses and flowers for bees, we would be happy to contribute, but not for over the $300 that we paid him.

In the long run, when the US economy is thriving, Ben's Ebay plant business may not even exist because he lost what is most important during this economically slump period - he lost a thoroughly good reputation as being someone customers can count on and trust.

It may be that through no fault of his own customers are having troubles receiving their orders. But he should by now at least, and for example, send out vouchers to be reiumbursed next year, that is, if his business and plants ordered exist then.

Here is what I learned today. And in no way is this meant to invade Ben's privacy. If he happens to read this forum, this is not meant to intimidate or harrass him. This forum is a way to help inform and protect people from wasting precious time, energy and money. I spoke with the Post Office Inspector in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin at 920\-885\-6843. Her name is Beverly. She said Ben is in and out of that location everyday sending and receiving packages. She said she didn't know he was sending roses out of her location. By the way, in reading all of Ben's Ebay Feedback, he has sold and MAY still be selling items on Ebay somehow and they are not plants. Thus this MAY be why he has daily deliveries and pickups at his post office \- but we cannot be sure about this, yet. I also spoke with Bob at Jung Seed today. He said that Jung is just the shipper. They just receive orders from Ben and ship them out. They do not have anything to do with Ebay or Ben's auctioneersbd business. He did say he will look up my order to see if it was returned at anytime to Jung, and he will call us back here. Bob asked for Ben's phone number, and I gave it to him. I have Ben's phone number because I asked for it when he returned a message I left with Bob last week. I will protect his privacy by not posting his phone number here. FYI: customer service phone number at Jung Seed is 1800\-297\-3123. And I will continue to hold Jung Seed and Ben accountable. I will send Dick Zondag, the president of Jung Seed Co, a written letter today. I did tell Bob that the Beaver Dam Post Office Inspector didn't know Ben was sending out roses from her Post Office. Bob explained this. He said roses are shipped out directly from Jung Seed, not through the post office. I called Beverly back to share this information with her. This way she can know that she was right. Ben is not sending out roses from her location. As for Ben's comment to Beth that he has "a giant cooler of plants", this may be true for him and we don't exactly know how many and what kind of plants he has, but Bob said Edmunds' Roses is pretty much cleaned out and has only a small supply of roses that are on sale right now. Bob also explained to me that because Jackson & Perkins and Weed's Roses went bankrupt last year, the supply of roses has dwindled. "The market for roses is tight this year." he said. More followups will continue.
  • Not4Auctioneer
    11 years ago

P.S. Below is a correction and an additional piece of information.

Here is the correction: Bob at Jung Seed said that they act like UPS or Fedex for Ben's Ebay business. They just ship ready-to-go items already in packagings. They don't receive orders of plants, as I incorrectly stated in my last post.

Here is additional information. Bob works in customer service for both Jung Seed Co and Edmunds' Roses. I called both businesses seperately and was transferred to speak with him.

• Terry Crawford
    11 years ago

I'm confused as why Jung would be involved in shipping a third party's roses. This just doesn't make alot of sense to me.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

I agree with you that quite possibly Ben was a legitimate seller who for whatever reasons has gotten in over his head, or had some extenuating circumstances that have caused these problems. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. I even told him in my response last night that had he found that he was unable to get the DARK NIGHT rose, all he had to do was tell me so and refund my money and I would not have gotten mad and called him a fraud. He keeps giving me lame excuses and telling me the rose is going out, but it never arrives. I won my bid in early Feb and I was aware that he initially said the roses were not going out til April. So I wasn't worried about it until mid April when things began to warm up here. I asked him when to expect the rose as it was getting late for bareroots in CA. He said it would go out anytime. So I waited again and he said he was having the PO issues. Twice he said it was going out that week or right away. Finally after 6-8 weeks of expecting the rose to show up, I felt it was time to tell him off.
    If you notice, most of the positive feedback is from people who have gotten bulbs from him. Bulbs are a whole other ballgame than bareroot roses! I told him in that response last night that maybe he should stick to bulbs and not do roses, especially since he can't seem to produce the ones he claims to have. No answer back from him as yet. But then, I assume he's blocking my responses!

11 years ago

"I'm confused as why Jung would be involved in shipping a third party's roses. "

I don't really get that either. This is all so very mysterious!

• Not4Auctioneer
    11 years ago

Here is a follow-up.

On May 31st, Ben sent us an email via Ebay and claimed we are "blacklisted" and "blocked" from his Ebay store. This is for apparently contacting other customers via his Ebay Feedback record and/or for contacting Bob of Jung Seed Customer Service.

We initially were attempting to locate his actual mailing address - without success - by contacting other buyers. This led us into attempting to discover if Ben can really be trusted to do business with. Based on what we found out, and with no pressure from us, we suggested that his dissatisfied customers report him as well to the US government, and to perhaps add a contribution to this forum if they wish.

Ben was apparently notified of our investigation perhaps by a customer(s) or by Bob. He claimed we were "harassing" him. He wrote that he was notifiying Ebay of our actions. He also wrote that Jung and Edmunds' have nothing to do with his business. In that same message, he said he wanted our list of dead roses he sent us; and he also stated that he sent all of the roses on our list (not true).

We replied with a reminder that we had let him know prior that we would be contacting other customers of his - and not to harrass or intimidate - but to protect ourselves and others from his business practices. We let him know that we were aware of at least one other customer that had been "blacklisted" and "blocked" by him for attempting to settle their transaction fairly. And we let him know that we were aware of at least one other customer that left a false positive feedback and later on had trouble with him too - as a result, we let him know that his Positive Feedback is questionable; and that requesting customers leave Positive Feedback prior to receiving their item(s) should not be allowed.

We added in our reply that he has the list of dead roses already, and that he can add two more roses that died after being planted. We added a comment that because of his apparent carelessness and disorganization, his business practices are mistrusted by us.

In the next email from him, he wrote that we cannot judge him. He claimed that 10 out of 1 of his customers are satisfied, and that Walmart customers have trouble too. (Remember that he asked for false positive feedback, and as pointed out in a previous post here, that most of the positive feedbacks are for bulbs.)

In that same email to us he stated that he will replace the dead roses, if we send them back at our own expense.

In our reply to his offer we declined in sending the dead & dying roses back. We let him know that we have no way of knowing whether we will receive any replacements from him. And we told him we don't wish to waste anymore of precious time in dealing with him.

We also let him know that we decided to file a complaint with the US Internet Fraud Dept. He took our money and we did not receive High Quality Roses he advertized as selling. We asked him to not contact us again and if he threatens us we will file a report with our local police.

We are still waiting to hear back from the CEO of Jung Seed Company regarding our letter sent to him last week. The letter was regarding our concern that the reputation of his company is being tarnished by doing business with Ben. We directed him to speak to Bob in Customer Service about this. If we receive any word from Jung, we will return here to share anything we learn.

A followup(s) will be posted here regarding our valid complaint we are filing with the US Internet Fraud Department.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

I doubt if he has even looked at your response. As he says... he has blocked you. He hasn't answered me back after my response to his blacklisting and blocking me. And I still have not gotten my refund even tho he said he was going to do so.

• Not4Auctioneer
    11 years ago

Below are the 24 examples of Negative Feedback Ben received within 30 days (as of June 8, 2012). This information is provided here for people who are not familiar with how to find auctioneersbd's negative Feedback on Ebay. And it is also to provide more reasons for avoiding doing business with Ben aka "auctioneersbd" at this time.

Granted, there are currently 5 Neutral and just over 160 Positive Feedbacks posted within the last 30 days, but remember that the Positives are questionable; and many are primarily from buyers of bulbs.

Note: Within each feedback below, I removed the Ebay ID name of each buyer. I did this to help protect as much of their privacy as possible. I did this although their Ebay ID names are freely available online at Ebay at this time on auctioneersbd's Ebay Feedback website. Some of the negative feedback below is from the same buyer. There are I believe 13 buyers total who left negative feedback within 30 days. Here they are:

#1. Seller has no clue whats going on in her business. Very frustrating to deal with. Jun-06-12.
    Veterans Honor Hybrid Tea Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $23.51

#2. Seller does not communicate well at all!! Does not know what's going on!! Jun-06-12.
    Ebb Tide Floribunda Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $28.00

#3. Do not buy from this seller. Bad Bad Bad!!! Seller doesn't care!!!
    Jun-06-12.
    Kardinal Hybrid Tea Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $17.49

#4. Do not buy from this seller. I never received my item & seller is not concerned. Jun-06-12.
    Gold Medal Grandiflora Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $13.99

#5. I have never received this item . I tried to contact seller but heard nothing. May-31-12.
    Tea Clipper Rose Bush DAVID AUSTIN! PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $20.49

#6. I still have not received the rose that I purchased on April 13. May-30-12.
    Firefighter Hybrid Tea Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $19.99

#7. Did not receive. Held back on paying for Hansa. Feel this seller very FRAUDULENT. May-30-12
    Love Grandiflora Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $15.99

#8. Opened case for SouvdelaMal. No refund/no rose due to $ sent via PP.
    No ZephDrouhin. May-30-12
    Zephirine Drouhin Climbing Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $21.50

#9. Won 5 roses,only got this. Used Pay Now for 3, Sent $ via PP. May-30-12.
    Rock and Roll Grandiflora Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $20.99

#10. Never received plant. May-29-12.
    Hansa Antique Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $16.50

#11. Never received item. May-24-12
    Home Run Shrub Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $13.99

#12. Very slow on delivery. Little communication. May-23-12
    Lady Ashe Climbing Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $21.50

#13. Took 6 weeks and filing claim before item received. Poor quality. Refund refused. May-21-12
    Midnight Showers Clematis PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $12.95

#14. Bought 2 roses bushes-never receceived them-no refund & no roses. Beware! May-20-12
    Midnight Showers Clematis PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $12.95

#15. AVOID THIS SELLER AT ALL COST .DOESN'T FOLLOW THROUGH ON PROMISES. STORY AFTER STORY. May-17-12
    All A' Twitter Miniature Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $18.99

#16. SELLER PROMISED SHIPPMENT ASAP. OVER 1 MONTH LATER STILL NOTHING AVOID SELLER. May-17-12.
    Oso Easy Paprika Shrub Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $18.99

#17. SELLER ASSURED ME SHIPMENT BY 4-20-12. NOW 5-17-12.
    NOTHING GOING AWAY 5-18-12 BAD. May-17-12
    Voodoo Hybrid Tea Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $20.50

#18. SELLER ADVISED I WOULD BE AWAY 5-18-12. SAID HE WOULD SHIP. NEVER SENT BAD BAD. May-17-12
    -Follow-up (Jun-01-12):
    PAID 4-9-12.STILL NO REFUND OR ITEM.SELLER AVOIDS EMAILS. AVOID THIS SELLER.
    Colorific Floribunda Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $18.99

#19. SELLER IGNORES EMAILS. ITEMS NEVER SENT AVOID THIS SELLER.PROMISED SHIPMENT May-17-12.
    LOT OF 3 Caroline Everbearing Raspberry Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $13.95

#20. ASKS YOU TO LEAVE FEEDBACK BEFORE HE SHIPS. DO NOT!! HE DOESNT SHIP ITEMS WON. May-17-12
    Rio Samba Hybrid Tea Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $22.66

#21. Never received item, filed case, did receive a full refund. Wouldn't buy from again. May-17-12
    Moondance Floribunda Rose Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $17.49
    [ I personally had contact with the buyer above. This buyer was told by Ben that he'd sent an email before the case was opened. This is not true. He did not reply to buyer's inquiry email.]

#22. Came way too late for season. I don't expect them to live. May-15-12
    LOT OF 3 Autumn Britten Everbearing Raspberry Bush PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $12.95

#23. only received 1, not 3. May-14-12.
    LOT OF 3 Concord Grape Plants PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $22.95

#24. Bought 3 rose bushes - never received. Could not open claim due to delay. Angry. May-11-12
    St Swithun Climbing Rose Bush DAVID AUSTIN PREORDER SHIPS IN SPRING.
    US $19.99.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

So, this is not enough for EBay to dump his sorry A$$? Something needs to be done to get him off there so he can't rip off more people. I can't believe he gets away with it!!

• wingedpanda
    11 years ago

I've been lurking here forever, this thread prompted me to create an actual account and chime in.

I was also ripped off by auctioneersbd on Ebay (took money, didn't send roses - follow up emails were excuses about damaged boxes and empty promises to re-send) - and I also have a report in with the US Internet Fraud Dept.

I didn't know his name though - can someone share his last name with me so I can add it to my complaint case?

Thanks!

• Tammy Owens
    11 years ago

I haven't seen Auctioneersbd on Ebay lately.I look for roses everyday on ebay and now there is a seller gentz13 that has 1000 plus feedback but yet I have never seen 'him' before. This one is also from Beaver Dam, sells roses for the same 19.99 with free shipping as did Auctioneersbd. The page set up is a little different but makes me curious as to whether or not this is autioneersbd under a different name?

11 years ago

I received a plant from gentz13 about a month ago, and I can say that it was packaged exactly the same on the inside. I don't remember the box saying Edmunds though. It was a bareroot, a little on the dry side (but it's doing fine now).

• gen719
    11 years ago

I can only add that I have also been ripped off by this "Auctioneersbd" fellow on eBay for more than $60 for three roses never sent. But I might add if it would help anyone that when I checked on Paypal as to who received my payments, it was BEN GENTZ. And "Gentz13" is still selling roses on eBay. Could they be one and the same person?

• Tammy Owens
    11 years ago

Well the first and only rose I purchased from Auctioneersbd isn't leafing and the tips of the canes are turning black. Doesn't look like it's gonna make it. Oh well, live and learn.

Tammy O.

• MaryDanielle
    11 years ago

I've ordered a few roses from 'Gentz13', overall communication is a little lacking. But usually receive a response within 24 hours. They did agree to send me a plant that wasn't listed, which I think earns them a bit of credit. I'm waiting for my package to arrive, and I'm expecting it today. I'll update on how that goes. I would say so far service hasn't been outstanding, but it hasn't been horrible.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Mary I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. You may not get anything.

• MaryDanielle
    11 years ago

I'm surprised that if these people are scam artists, that ebay would have done something by now to keep them from doing business. They have 100% feedback. I wouldn't have ordered from them if they didn't. But then again if I had seen this thread, I probably wouldn't have made a purchase. I'm hopeful. I'll post once I get them.

• MaryDanielle
    11 years ago

I don't have a ton of time to write, but my roses came. I bought the random lot of 4 roses. I asked for an Ebb Tide because I let mine dry out too much. They sent me an Ebb Tide, Black Baccara, Eden Climber, and a Grande Dame. Everything looks great, some have already started to break dormancy! Fast shipping, I bought them on Sunday, they got here today. They even e-mailed me a tracking number. Overall experience was great! Turns out that the company is 'Jung Seed' which I purchased through before and had a wonderful experience! I'm very pleased and planning on making more purchases (husband permitting). I gotta go now though! I'll be back a little later! :)

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

OMG! I got the shock of a lifetime today! LOL I just posted yesterday about how Regan's Nursery is going to be carrying DARK NIGHT in the coming season. I was thrilled to see that, and would definitely order one from them once ordering starts. However... you cannot even imagine my utter disbelief in what just occured a little bit ago. I am at my second job today, my niece's and my craft shop, which is barely around the corner across the street from my street of residence. So our mailman here at the shop is also our mailman at home. He just delivered the shop's mail, then came back and said he had "a box of roses, I think" and would I like have the box now instead of waiting til I got home. I said "Sure!" all the while wondering in my head, what the heck I still had on order. Then he said it was from "some seed company." I looked at the boxed and about fell on the ground. It's got an Edmund's label over a Jung's Seed Company return label. I told him about the ordeal with my Ebay purchase and said this is obviously it arriving NOW. I told him "it's probably DEAD!" But wow, I'm shocked. It appears to be an own root plant, and has decent roots covered with wet peat moss in a plastic bag. The plant is definitely alive, but not in particularly great shape. It has two 3/4" green canes chopped to about 4", and some dead sticks that were canes, not chopped close enough tho. You can see there was some attempt at some new growth on the good canes, but it's dry, brown and shriveled up, kinda like it's been boxed or in transit for quite some time. I think I will soak it a few days, and just pot it up and see what happens. The main thing is I just hope it is what it's supposed to be! I think I will still order one from Regan's in the fall, unless this puppy happens to miraculously pop out some killer new growth and bloom true before the end of the season. I can only hope!!

11 years ago

Wow! That's GREAT! You'll have to report back when it blooms to let us know if it was the right rose. Fingers crossed!

• MaryDanielle
    11 years ago

That's great! I'm so glad it finally came! Kim gave me great advise on the ones I received from them... to mound them in the pot until new growth starts, and they are looking great so far! I hope it works out for you and it is what you hope it is! :)

• dolphy10
    10 years ago

As an insider that used to work seasonally for Jung Seed/Edmunds Roses/Totally Tomatoes/Vermont Bean/McClure and Zimmerman/Roots and Rhizomes/HPS before retirement:

"auctioneersbd" is the username of Cale Zondag, the son of Bob Zondag, VP of the company and the "Bob" that is mentioned frequently in the previous posts.

"Gentz13" is Cale's roommate and friend, Ben Gentz.

Both sell the same exact products as Jung's, Edmund's, etc. After they get orders online, they come right into the warehouse at Randolph and take what they need. Their shipping is free because it is calculated into the shipping fees for customers of the Jung and subsidiary catalogs. This causes HUGE problems with the company because the inventory is never recorded as used. A little ways down the road, you get Jung, Edmund's, etc. customers that were told that they were getting a particular rose when they ordered (because there were enough ordered or in inventory at the time), only to find out later on that there is no product to send them. Check out the ratings on Dave's Garden and you will see there are a lot of people that pay for items that they are later refunded or credited for. Also, per the word around the place, the products that they sell are also not recorded as used inventory because the company can then count it as loss at the end of the year and probably cook the books for their taxes.

As for the quality of the products, it is no different that what Jung's and the like send. The Zondag method of quality is to send it if it is bagged or tagged and don't waste time wiping off that mold. It is very telling... Also, those two don't have whatever legal stuff you need to have to sell plants in WI so you have to lie to the government inspectors when they come in and pretend you don't know what they are.

Before you think that everyone at Jung's is on board with htis, let me tell you that it is not the case. The Zondags own the company and call all the shots, but it drives the employees nuts because they often get blamed for missing products and inaccurate inventory. They even fired a long time order fulfillment manager and mailroom supervisor because of the inaccuracies in inventory and the additional packages that were shipped to non company customers -- made by Cale and Ben and said it was because the manager and supervisor didn't get along and it was a 'restructuring' matter. Whatever!

• dolphy10
    10 years ago

Wait, forgot to mention. Bob Zondag is the VP of Jung Seed. He is the brother of Dick Zondag, VP of the Jung Seed. Dick and Bob are the grandsons of the Jung that started the Jung Seed Company. They own Edmund's, not the other way around. They also own Totally Tomatoes, Vermont Bean, R. H. Shumway, McClure and Zimmerman, Roots and Rhizomes, and HPS. They like to keep that hush hush because they sell the same exact seed and plants in their various catalogs for different prices to appeal to different customers with different budgets. The seeds come out of the same bag that they bought from somewhere else and the plants all come out of the same crate that they bought somewhere else.

UPS is in the area. However, Jung's doesn't have a contract with them because the shipping is cheaper with FedEx. However, the majority of the items they sell goes out through the Randolph Post Office. They even have their own zip code. 53957 instead of Randolph's 53956.

It still gets me that Bob pretended he didn't know them. Always thought he was a big liar from seeing him in action, but now it really confirms it!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

interesting comments, dolphy10. thanks!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is all very interesting, dolphy10. Yet, I'm surprised that the IRS, Wisconsin state tax commission, state labor commission, and a whole host of state and local legal entities haven't become involved in this set up, if what you say has been going on all this time. Perhaps some whistle blowing is in order. Diane

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath