Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karl_bapst_rosenut

This is Rosenut's daughter

karl_bapst_rosenut
10 years ago

I have seen all the beautiful things that you have said about my dad. He was an amazing man and will be missed terribly! He had such a way with roses and he amazed me. Watching him scoot around and work on his roses with only his right arm, I could never imagine, but day in and day out he worked so hard to keep his garden beautiful. And he always did. His passing was so shocking. I know he would be so honored in all of the comments about him. Thank you from the bottom of my family's heart! He will be missed more than imaginable.
"Rosenut's" daughter
Luci Whitehead

Comments (16)

• ken-n.ga.mts
    10 years ago

Thank you for stopping by. Yes, you're dad will be missed by a bunch of folks across the nation. He was such a big help to so many folks that had any questions about their roses. Especially new rose growers. He made his "mark" in the world of roses.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Karl was a good man and I enjoyed our emails to one another! Karl also gave me some great advice over the years...
    Yes Karl will be missed!

Take care of yourself Luci!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

He will be missed but not forgotten. He did a "kindness" to me many years ago, and that commodity, no matter how small a deed, can be in short supply. The garden in Paradise just got another wonderful caretaker..... My sympathy to you and your family.....Maryl

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Thank you, Luci, for the nice post. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Dad was a great rosarian and will be missed by all of the many rose growers he helped through the years, including myself.

• opheliathornvt zone 5
    10 years ago

It was such a comfort to me when my Dad passed to hear how much he had meant to others, and it must be to you, too. I'm so sorry for your loss.

• erasmus_gw
    10 years ago

Luci, I am sorry for your loss. Karl once sent me a rose which is still in my garden. I do remember him every year when I see it blooming. My best wishes to you,
    Linda

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Luci, your dad was a remarkable presence on this rose forum.

Our sympathies on your loss.

Kate

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Luci, I too lost my my dad so I know how PAINFUL it must be for you and your family to lose Karl. :( Yes, as Maryl said, "The garden in Paradise just got another wonderful caretaker. :) One of the things I that I really LOVED about your dad was his delightful sense of humor. We had a good laugh together about the rose 'HAPPY BUTT', and he was going to try to send me one. The story about 'HAPPY BUTT' is that the breeder, BILL CARLSON, named this rose for his boss GLADYS. I believe your dad is probably laughing and joking in paradise right now with the other gardeners and everyone near him. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: HAPPY BUTT on the HelpMeFind website

This post was edited by dove_song on Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 19:42

• floridarosez9 Morgan
    10 years ago

Luci, I also have a rose in my garden your father sent me. I think of him every time I look at it. He was a wonderful person. I have severe arthritis and sometimes struggle to garden, but I always think if Karl could do it, I should be able to. He was an inspiration to me.

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    10 years ago

Luci,

I am glad you have shared in the affection everyone here had for your Dad. He was a true rose lover. He loved his and he showed love for ours by offering help whenever he could. When I first joined this Forum, he was the one who inspired me to keep going when I got frustrated. He led by example.

He will be dearly missed.

• roseberri, z6
    10 years ago

Luci,,
    I just saw by this post about your father, and am so sorry to hear he's gone! He gave me a lot of good information and was so kind and helpful! As everyone has said, he will be missed! He was special!
    roseberri

• User
    10 years ago

yep, his kindness and benign influence was international - sympathies flying across the Atlantic from the UK.

• petaloid
    10 years ago

Luci, all my best to you during this difficult time. Karl was one-of-a-kind, and even though he's on the other side of the veil now, the memories stay with us here.

• onewheeler
    10 years ago

Luci your dad will be missed by many. He truly was an inspiration to many of us. His love of the roses was evident. I am so sorry for your loss, he was a good man.

Valerie

• mori1
    10 years ago

Luci, your dad was a god sent after my disastrous first year growing roses. So sorry for your loss.

Mori

• thedogsLL
    10 years ago

Luci, your dad was so understanding and patient with newbie insecurity and wonderfully helpful with the silliest of questions. I am so sorry for your loss.

LynnT

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths