Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HT with Similar Fragant as Peter Mayle

Posted by bayarea-girl NorCA 9B (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 15:44

Based on HelpMeFind, Peter Mayle has old rose fragrance. I have two Peter Mayle and I think they smell heavenly and beautiful as cut flower. I wonder if you know any HT that have similar fragrant as Peter Mayle. Thanks.

Peter Mayle (photo courtesy of Antonio Motta)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HT with Similar Fragant as Peter Mayle

Great picture of Peter Mayle...I have such a hard time with pictures of dark pinks and reds...mine never turn out good. PM does smell wonderful, doesn't he! Of the roses I grow, I think Big Momma probably smells the closest with Grand Dame and Firefighter also being similar. Chrysler Imperial doesn't grow well for me here, so I no longer have it...but, I believe it's a fragrance like Peter Mayle, as well.

o

Thank you, Pat. It's great to hear that because I just added Firefighter and Chrysler Imperial to my garden this season. I wonder are there any HT that smell even better than Peter Mayle?

o

If there is one, it’s Chrysler Imperial…in my opinion, one of the best smelling HTs ever! I also have Mr Lincoln which has that old rose fragrance, but to me Firefighter and CI are more strongly scented. For a more citrusy scent, but very strong and heavenly, you might try Eternal Flame or Pope John Paul II or for a spicy, clove type scent there are Double Delight, Fragrant Cloud and Dolly Parton. Those all are good cut flowers, as well. This forum has several threads on fragrant roses you could search, but those are the HTs that come to mind off hand. If you are interested in OGRs, there are a lot of those with strong old rose fragrances, too, that you could search.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here