Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone identify this rose?

Posted by blondie09 5, 5b SW MI (freekin_pony@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 17:04

I took this picture of a rose at my mother in law's home and recently had a member ask me the specific variety of the rose. Unfortunately, neither I nor my mother in law knew the name of it, so I was hoping that maybe one of the lovely members of Garden Web would know the name? I will post a picture along with this post. Thanks so much for your time and help!!
- Ash

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone identify this rose?

Ah, looks like a modern Hybrid Tea. Is it fragrant? First thing I thought was Pink Peace (very fragrant) but there are many possibilities. Have any idea of the approximate date of planting?

o

I thought Pink Peace also.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 20:59

I thought Pink Peace too as soon as I saw the picture and before I read any comments. It has that tell tale white edge to the petals.

o

Pink Peace is a good bet.
Maybe look at James Biddle too.
Carol

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 22:02

No it's not JAMES BIDDLE. Could be PINK PEACE. Could be a lot of other deep pinks too.

o

I thought Pink Peace too; especially due to the white edges on it. Beth makes a great point and I believe she has more roses than I have seen, however, if you are looking for a rose that has the appearance of the image you submitted, Pink Peace would be a great place to start looking. If you are trying to find out exactly what that rose is, you may want to take more pictures, including full bush shots, and gather up as much information as possible about the rose, then go from there.

Good luck!

Lynn

This post was edited by desertgarden561 on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 19:13

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here