Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pruning at 33rpm!

Posted by FriendsSJRoseGarden California (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 21:54

Recently, 650 volunteers pruned 4,000 roses in "America's Best Rose Garden" in 2 hours. 4,000 roses in 2 hours - That's 33rpm (roses per minute!)

San Jose is blessed with a long growing season and 310 days of sunshine a year. We are an AGRS test garden, and are currently planting the 2014 test roses. It will be like Christmas in May as these test roses present themselves to the public for the first time.

We invite you to visit the historic San Jose Municipal Rose Garden this year.

www.FriendsSJRoseGarden.org

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pruning at 33rpm!

Hope you get some rain this weekend - we are supposed to get 2 inches!

Jackie

o

Hey everyone, did you look past the roses that were being pruned and notice that the pruners are mostly young folks!!! Maybe America isn't going down the tube after all......

o

The Friends of the San Jose Rose Garden spends a great deal of time cultivating the youth, and showing their contribution to helping the garden goes well beyond a one day activity.

The come back a month or two later and see the results of their labor!

Here is a link that might be useful: America's Best Rose Garden

o

I agree that this is a rose garden well worth seeing. I was there at peak bloom last spring. All I can say is WOW. If you go you should also take in the San Jose Heritage Rose Garden, which is nearby.

o

All I can say, FriendsSJRoseGarden, is that you're doing a GREAT job of cultivating the youth. The last thing I was expecting when looking at your rose pruning picture was a bunch of youths doing the job. THANKS for all of your effort. God Bless

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here