Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
behlgarden

Rose Cutting, Grafting, and Seeds

behlgarden
12 years ago

I am freaking out with growth that I am seeing out of my heavily pruned stocks. I see massive growth and buds everywhere and some have started to flower.

However, I also planted some cuttings and they are alive and well, 1 week into it and growth is continuing. Goal was to keep it moist and I planted them right into the ground.

I also grafted about a dozzen roses. I used Cleft grafts, and some are hanging on while some are confused, will see if these make it.

I had saved some seeds from last year and believe it or not I had them in refrigerator, in soaking bowl of water, on top of refrigerator, bla bla bla and its been 5 months, today I finally saw quite a few of the seeds sprouting. I also found volunteer seedlings in my planters and when I pulled them out carefully I saw the swelled up seed that was part of the root. This gave me confort that if I sow the seeds out now, it may be a sure bet.

I finally sowed some 24 seeds (that have been in moist/cold condition for 4 months), I sowed right into the ground where there is constant moist condition.

Lets see how all these go. I am sure I might get 50% success in grafting and seeding. I will follow-up in 30-days

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner