Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roseseek

Raspberry Kiss (Eyes on Me)

roseseek
10 years ago

Is beginning its first flush of bloom and I am impressed! I've created a blog entry where I could more easily post more photos. Enjoy! Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Raspberry Kiss on Pushingtheroseenvelope@blogspot.com

Comments (13)

• andreark
    10 years ago

Very lovely and interesting blog, Kim.....Even for the uneducated.

andrea

• roseseek
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Andrea. Much appreciated! Kim

• henryinct
    10 years ago

Unfortunately there isn't a Lowes anywhere near us here in Pasadena but I'm going to search one out tomorrow so I can get Raspberry Kiss. Oh, and your presentation at the PRS meeting was terrific.

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

It's gorgeous, Kim. I absolutely love it.

What a sight for sore eyes. I can't wait for winter to be over so that I can get started again.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I love the intense color!

• Campanula UK Z8
    10 years ago

edited for double post

This post was edited by campanula on Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 16:53

• Campanula UK Z8
    10 years ago

I have this and it is a very different beast to Eyes on You (gah, I REALLY dislike these names....but we have been here before). The rose blooms are tiny, around 2.5 inches across and the equally tiny leaves are completely different to EoY. Both are shaping up to be vigorous and supremely healthy plants....but I truly wish the naming thing was not so utterly confusing. EoM is called Bright as a button in the UK and for a while, it really wasn't clear exactly what rose I was getting since Bullseye has, to my knowledge, never been available in the UK while EoM, aka Chewsumsigns has, I think, been around for a few years now. All very confusing. Have been having a little hulthemia love affair for some years now and I am glad to see they are getting the coverage they deserve.....although EfY was actually bred by Chris Warner's friend, Peter James. There appears to be a little midlands enclave of breeders, including Frank Cowlishaw (Rhapsody in Blue, Odyssey) who work closely together, using each others breeding stock and sharing resources - an idea I wholly approve of.

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    10 years ago

Kim:
    I guess there are many ways to look at a rose. I'm glad there are rose breeders like you that pull apart the flowers to see what makes them tick. That way, "gardeners" like me can enjoy the many varieties of roses without pulling the poor things apart. LOL.

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    10 years ago

Campanula:
    I agree about the name confusion thing. I thought Heirloom Roses was the only vender selling "Tequila Supreme", but it turns out there are others such as Star Roses, Grow Quest and S&W Greenhouse that sell the rose under the name of "Thrive! Copper." But if you look at the Armstrong site, "Thrive! Copper" looks like a solid reddish rose instead of the yellow/orange/pink blend of "Tequila Supreme". And Help Me Find Roses doesn't list "Thrive! Copper" as an alternative name for "Tequila Supreme". Very confusing.

• henryinct
    10 years ago

The Lowes in Azusa does not have Raspberry Kiss.

• roseseek
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They probably sold out of them. I bought it late January, early February there when I learned Certified was selling it to them. Kim

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

I got one at our Lowe's in Jan. It's already sprouting out and looking good so far. Will be interesting to see what it does. I'm really enjoying the Hulthemias. I tried numerous times to get EUPHRATES years ago, and never could manage to get it. I don't even remember where I tried to get it, but it was at a couple different sources that listed it back in the 90's. I'm glad to see so many new, similar, and apparently better roses. I got BULL'S EYE two yrs ago, and this yr got EYECONIC MELON LEMONADE and EYES FOR YOU. Also got a few yrs ago PERSIAN SUNSET as an own root, but it hasn't done much. It'll be fun to see everybody's pics of these this season.

• Campanula UK Z8
    10 years ago

I would go a long way to get my hands on the little yellow Chewtingle, that's for sure.