Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Red 3 ft. Shrub. . .

Posted by cjrosaphile z8 Pacific NW (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 2:03

Hey, I am seeking a 3 ft rounded, mounding shrub that is red, disease resistant and continously blooming. Thanks, cj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Red 3 ft. Shrub. . .

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 7:59

I just added Eutin/Hoosier Glory this spring after seeing some photos of it. Seems to be what you are looking for too...

Tammy

Here is a link that might be useful: Eutin

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 15:14

Look at 'Home Run' and how it does in your area. It might meet your requirements.

o

• Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 16:18

I have and love Cadenza and Cameron Bohls - I let mine get fairly large but they could be kept pruned to a smaller shrub. They are disease free and bloom constantly.

o

3 feet is short for a shrub, even Red Flower Carpet may get a good bit taller than that. Red Drift provides constant color & is healthy here and it's short.
Others-- Champlain and Dublin Bay-- would be MUCH taller, not sure they could be kept to 3 ft.

o

Try to find out how Lavaglut does in your area. I am in a very warm climate and it blooms alot and the blooms last long in the heat. It is a dark red with small blooms.
Here is a photo of the bush. It is much too bright red--imagine a very dark red:

o

The new one called Thrive! is definitely the way to go for that request. See, Rose Hybridizer's Blog and then scroll 3/4 of the way down to July 30 2011 post.
It's new this year, but I've been growing it for a year -- it's a good one. Another one worth looking at though, if you also like yellow on the reverse of the blooms is Ketchup and Mustard.

Both Thrive and Ketchup are extremely healthy. Ketchup and Mustard has better form on bigger blooms -- higher centers and longer lasting, but Thrive has many more of them, so it depends on what you want. Both of them are healthier than anything that has been mentioned up to now, above.

Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here