Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
King's Ransom

Posted by twoozone Dallas, TX (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 29, 09 at 10:42

Anyone grow King's Ransom? I wanted a new yellow and North Haven had it. Curious about size, health, rebloom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: King's Ransom

We grew King's Ransom.I recall it as a tall,straight growing plant that used to bloom respectably in terms of quantity.I had it in sort of a tough area of the garden and it still performed pretty well,so I suppose it's fairly rugged.

Eventually,we got tired of it's habit of having large but loose open blooms and gave it away.Though we had King's Ransom in full sun.Perhaps the blooms would hold shape longer if it were given some afternoon shade.And they did hold their color well,even as the early shape slipped away.

I didn't have significant disease problems with KR itself.Unlike one of it's parents,Golden Masterpiece.Which,despite the magnificent size of the flowers,was one of our biggest disease magnets.

o
RE: King's Ransom

kings ransom was part of my AARS list of old time roses i grow / IN DEFENCE OF kr I HAd it in a crumpy spot , but she is not a bloom machine , it grows upright and is not spreading , the blooms do not last very long , and as all of the older varities is now prone to blackspot . i still have mine its down to a one cane wonder and am currently trying to nurse back , good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here