Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peachymomo_gw

help choosing roses for new garden

peachymomo
11 years ago

I'm preparing a spot to plant some of my potted band roses, and since it's circular I've decided to make a rose wheel garden. I'm planning on planting one rose at the center and eight others around it. Because it will be viewed mainly from one direction I was going to put shorter roses in front, a medium height rose in the middle, and the taller roses around the sides and back. I've tried to choose roses that are less spreading so that I can fit more into the space (and get as many out of their pots as possible.) They will be planted about 6' from center to center, which I'm hoping will be enough. The spot is mostly sunny and has good soil, is slightly sloped and has good drainage. In the past weeds have thrived in this particular area more than anywhere else in the field, so it seems like a good spot for a garden.

I just wanted to run my plan by the rose-pros on this forum before I actually start planting. There are plenty of other options in my collection of potted bands if any of those I've chosen are unsuited to these conditions.

{{gwi:237087}}

Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)